1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turner123

turner123 Guest

hello every1 im back again to ask if any1 has a pictured dummies guide to setup cuteftp with dbox2 as im having problems networking it etc ..thanks to every1 for the help so far

2. aciddy

aciddy Member

Go to here.
    All guides courtesy of oggnogg

Dbox & EuroVox Starview Digibox The Box Updates http://oggnogg.4shared.com/
    Read through to make sure you have the settings exactly as described in the guide.
    I have set 2 laptops up to flash images and I think the one with Vista was slightly easier.

3. turner123

turner123 Guest

thankyou i will read through that now see what i can do

4. turner123

turner123 Guest

hi were n what do i do on the bit were it says 10BaseT half duplex?
    im in vista and cant find anything saying that ?

5. aciddy

aciddy Member

I am using XP at the moment but you should be able to set it if you follow the instructions below.

1) Go to Start and right click on Network and then click Properties.
    2) Network and Sharing Center window will appear, then click Manage network connections.
    3) Network Connections window will appear. Here you can right click on the network card that you wish to configure and click Properties.
    4) Click the configure button.
    5) Then click the Advanced tab highlight Connection type then in the Value box select 10BaseT half duplex

6. turner123

turner123 Guest

hi thanks iv done that so many times now i can perform that operation eyes closed lol but on vista it dont seem to have the 10baset thing?... im stuck hit the wall and slowly sliding down .. i need to take it to some1 who knows what to do in this situation that an iddiot caused ie ME... please is there any1 near preston were i can bring my box to to get it up and running again i will pay you for the time and effort please please help im desparate now

7. turner123

turner123 Guest

hi iv connected using a friends laptop with xp on but i still get this message as follows

ftp folder error

an error occurred copying a file to the ftp server.make sure you have permission to put files on this server?

details
    200 switching to binary mode
    227 entering passive mode
    533 could not create file

8. wiz569

wiz569 Regular member

Your image has gone read only and you wont be able to FTP a new image to it,
    You will have to use the IFA program to reflash your box I'm afraid m8.

9. ikilledya

ikilledya Member

Hi oggnog

I have tried to flash my DBOX, but it just doesn't want to connect to my laptop/pc. I used flashfxp and even smartftp to connect to the dbox via the router using crossover cable. I just couldn't connect to it.

The following is a link of the lcd screen of the dbox, it just doesn't go anywhere beyond that (as soon as its plugged in, it will straight away go to that screen) and there's no response to pressing buttons on the remote.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/BIG_DADDY/IMAG0086.jpg

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

10. turner123

turner123 Guest

hi thanks for the reply i got it sorted took it to some1 near were i live off ebay and he sorted it talked me through it very helpfull guy indeed,also when i bought it off ebay 4-5 days ago it was said loaded with the latest image comando 6 but it was only version 2.0 i now have 9.25 installed its up and running its all sorted and i am happy and slept through the night lol all my channels are in order ie music movie and so on ,but 1 thing is how do i move the unsorted channels to a bouquet? ie sp1 to sports bouquet?

11. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

i just set my d box input into EXT 1 or sat mode and it records just trick the HDD to think the d box is a sat and it works fine

12. Scoopdog

Scoopdog Member

go to network properties ....select the network card at the top of the window go to advance tab and change the speed to 10 half

13. bryandir

bryandir Regular member

hi there,im afraid its a re-flash case...

as soon as i updated to a higher version of sportster than the one i had..everything was ok...

cheers anyway!!

14. ispy98

ispy98 Member

I have tried to flash my DBOX, but it just doesn't want to connect to my pc. i have also tried to connect to my laptop but im getting the same problem. I have tried using FLASHFXP and Dbox2 Image Flashing Assistant and SmartFTP. i am using crossover cable between dbox and computer. i also have ethernet cable connected between dbox and computer. I have changed the IP address in my ethernet connection tcp/ip properties to that of my dbox. I keep getting message that the network is not connected. I guess its probably something very simple that im doing wrong but any help would be much appreciated. i know that if i can get my computer to talk to the dbox i will have no problem flashing it.

15. turner123

turner123 Guest

i have the same problem and still cant connect to my laptop im on vista and been told its a tad harder to do iv read proberly every pdf file out and still no joy ,i ended up taking it to a guy on ebay he sorted it out with in an hour its been good as gold since

16. ispy98

ispy98 Member

Thanks Turner123. Both my computer and laptop is running Windows XP. i have spare hard drive so would it be better if i installed Windows 98. Would that make it easier for computer to pick up dbox?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  17. turner123

turner123 Guest

hi have you the pdf files etc begginers guides how to set it up ? there all on xp

18. ispy98

ispy98 Member

Thanks for trying to help. I have got several of the beginners guides and various other pdf files from various sites. Also been through a lot of other forum message boards etc which all give good clear instructions as to how to flash etc. It's just that i appear to be stuck at the very first hurdle. I'm sure it must just be that i dont have the right settings under the ethernet connection properties. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction, or tell me were im going wrong. When i connect my network cable, i go into its internet Protocol settings and change the IP address to that of my dbox. i also use the same Subnet Mask as that shown on my dbox. i also disable firewalls etc ( i have Kasperkey Internet Sercurity which i completely turn off). I then run one of the FTP programs and then power up the dbox. I cant get any further as i cant get a network connection between dbox and computer.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  19. turner123

turner123 Guest

thats exact same as what i had but i was able to go into the dbox view the files etc take files out the dbox ie bouquet n try edit it through note pad as i read on other forums etc when i done it it would not let me put it back ? for some reason ,have you disable all the other connections ,do you configure the speed to 10baset half duplex?,i borrowed a laptop with xp and it worked for me in the end

20. ispy98

ispy98 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.