1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia Dbox2

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by waitsey, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmanneil

emmanneil Member

after tinking with my dbox2 with sportster 1.75 on it , got my channels to work for 20 mins then the picture froze and now they will not come back, in the keys.txt file i only have one line not two ?, butit still worked

any ideas how anyone?

2. xSimple

xSimple Member

Just went blank for me too.

ah well.

3. jcrawfy78

jcrawfy78 Member

Aye blank for me. Think I am going to give up and put my box on ebay had a good few years service out of it so not complaining.

4. buckfast

buckfast Member

seems like blackbaws is only one who gets the codes ive used
    the last 2 he posted ad worked till vm changed codes last change was
    14:48 thats when mine went down

5. xSc00byx

xSc00byx Member

yep, they seem to be changing codes all the time now

im fearing for our beloved d boxes

6. crossy

crossy Member

7. dipz2009

dipz2009 Member

hey guys tried these keys and seem to be working

5C01

00 C5 9B E3 5E 3A 0C 45 AE
    01 B5 AA 58 2D 64 5E E1 05

Working fine now at the moment

8. xSc00byx

xSc00byx Member

where are you and when was the last time you saw these codes working

9. dipz2009

dipz2009 Member

hey guys keys changed again and its gone

10. crossy

crossy Member

This is taken from the tech watch website:

Virgin Media have applied a code update which has crippled cable boxes across the country which were used for receiving cable TV illegally.

Cable boxes affected include the Eurovox, Nokia Dbox, Starview and Kryptview.

Users receiving cable TV illegally receive the error message “Please wait…code been updated” and no channels can be accessed.

According to industry analyst Ian Waller, “The change is causing false keys to be recorded on a ROM7 update, usually only 1 or 2 characters are wrong, this has been happening on ROM10 and ROM11 updates for the last year. A genuine card can handle the change, an emulator can not.”

Virgin Media applied a similar change around a year ago, and it took almost a week for firmware updates for chipped boxes to keep pace.

However, from reports coming in the changes by virgin may not be a simple one off event, but instead being applied on a daily basis.

Although updates are available on the internet which try to keep track of the changes, if the code changes are being implemented on a daily basis this could make it very difficult for firmware updates to keep track.

The result would be a victory for Virgin in their battle against cable piracy, and an end to the widespread use of cable boxes for receiving free cable TV.

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/04/09/virgin-code-update-cripples-cable-boxes/

11. rodmc

rodmc Guest

this my first post (although Ive lurked round this site for quite a while now)and I'd just like to say thanks to the guys like Oggnogg and such for suplying us with the required info

Anyway onto business, Guys guys guys, read more of the thread, the answers are all there, the keys have again been updated on the relevant page, Theres no need to constantly bombard the board with the same question over and over again, just dig a bit deeper and you will find everything you need.

Next is the 'end of D-box' era, Cable firms in the states havent had any luck in stopping people getting free cable for years now what makes you think Virgin have all of a sudden come up with the answer, they havent got any answer, they just keep rolling the dice. OK it may be a bit of a pain in the arse to change the keys every day but if thats what you need to do then do it.

Anyway, chill out peeps and dont panic.

12. jcrawfy78

jcrawfy78 Member

Well we can't give up that quickly they have sent a warning shot however if it can be made it can be unmade. Lets see what our experts come up with.

13. xSc00byx

xSc00byx Member

i dont see the new codes

it went down at roughly 2.50pm today and i havent seen any codes for since then

14. smoggy

smoggy Guest

Hi if anybody gets an answer, please let us know, but it looks as though we are goosed, take care

15. caswain

caswain Member

If this is the case then we should all cancel our broadband contracts with Virgin Media That would hit him back in the pocket enough for him to think that they have had it so good as well as us with rip off prices that this country has put up with, In France it’s less than half the price with a lot more broadband on tap with HDTV included.

Lets force the issue with our wallets.

YES YES I know its Illegal that we are tapping into something we have not paid for , But no one can reply back and say that they get a fair deal with there Gas, Electric, Sky ect ect

Sour grapes included CASWAIN

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  16. rodmc

rodmc Guest

17. xSc00byx

xSc00byx Member

or...

just get the new codes until someone gets new software/hardware to bypass their new plans?...which last time took a week, lol

anyone got the latest codes yet, cmon lads

18. xSc00byx

xSc00byx Member

those codes were posted around 1pm

at around 3pm they changed them again

we need more codes...ANYONE??

19. ozza31

ozza31 Member

Hi, if you download bigmaq's toolbar (do a search in google) it has the latest codes, input the codes using the Tubox command, also input the keys in the softcam key section, i did that and its all working for me.

The toolbar has got all the keys for most areas (Pure NTL, TELEWEST etc)

20. rodmc

rodmc Guest

Virgin are just trying to piss people off and hoping that most will think their boxes are dead.

Thye'll get bored in a bit and things will hopefully get back to normal.

Keep you eye on that thread that was posted, they'll be updated when one of the guys cracks it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.