1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia re-flash?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Oatie, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Oatie

Oatie Member

Hi all,

Total newbie to all this with a quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I recently purchased a Nokia DBox2 from Germany which was pre-programmed with Neutrino and Sportster image. Installed it and everything came up, (apart from RTE for some reason...but thats a different matter?)

Ive had the box running for about a week now and twice have had a problem whereby all the 'pay' channels just show a blank screen. The EPG says whats on the channel and such like but it just dont show anything. The free to air channels are fine. The twice that this has happened Ive turned the unit off and on at the mains and when its come back on its been working.

I am wondering if this is normal or should I be looking to upgrade to a new image, (Ive heard that Commando is the latest?)?

Its not a massive problem but one I'd like to sort if I could.

Cheers in advnace

2. Tamilmix

Tamilmix Member

try restarting the emu

3. Oatie

Oatie Member

Crikey, that was a quick reply. Thanks very much.

As I said, I'm very new to all this so please forgive me for asking what the emu is and where do I re-start it, (I guess its in the services menu?)?

Should this fix the problem, (if indeed it is a problem and not normal?), or is it just a way of getting the box working again without power cycling?

Cheers again

4. Tamilmix

Tamilmix Member

press on the blue button on you remote then sportster/emu

5. Oatie

Oatie Member

Thanks very much again for your prompt reply. I'll try that when it goes wrong again.

As I said, its not a major problem but am wondering if its common and will this fix cure it permanently or is it just a quicker/safer way of getting the channels back without power cycling?

Cheers

6. Tamilmix

Tamilmix Member

Thats the quick a way to get the channels back.

7. Oatie

Oatie Member

Many thanks for your help. I'll give that a go next time.

I take it that this is a common-ish problem and one that I'll have to live with, (not that I'll losing any slepp over it).

Cheers again

8. tam2oo5

tam2oo5 Guest

Yeah you see some boxes work well with different images, its just the case of testing alota images to see whats the most stable for your box. It also could be a bad connection youv hooked up to it. But most lightly mucking around with some different images should do the trick. Also restarting the box frequently is improtant instead of leaving it on all night, if ya know what i mean lol. For instance mine i leave it on all night but when i go to use it the next day i always restart , it sorts out any glitches that may have occured over night. I should really learn to turn it off at night though lol

All the best buddy

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2007