1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Compliant Disc and Disc Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kevin52, Feb 28, 2005.

1. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

I burned 2 movies from my hd,new sony burner,they played excellent, then I tried to burn another and when I try to play them in my other dvd player I get disc error message...the non compliant disc error starts when I try to watch them in another player ..any help appreciated

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Did you burn a DVD+R or a DVD-R? Some older DVD players do not support the +Rs. Just a quick thought based limited information given.

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If what you are saying is that the burns you have done will play in one player and not in another player, then it is a media issue. Either a DVD+R issue on an older burner or just a media issue with the player in question. Try a better quality media for your next burn and see what happens.

4. kevin52

kevin52 Guest

The Burner is new...The dvd player is older,I am trying this with dvd-r disc..is there any internal settings in my puter that will straighten this out or do you mean the disc I`m burning to ??I did burn 2 other movies with the minus disc and they came out great,thanks

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

kevin52 I hope this helps what I was trying to say:

I have several DVD players in my home. I used to burn with poor media such as PRINCO and ProdiscS03. Neither of these would play in my Wifes Dell Laptop and one of my DVD-Rom drives. When I changed to Sony Media such as listed below in my sig, any burn that I do with the Sony media will play on every one of my Players or DVD-Rom drives. The only difference was of course, the media I used for my burns. Other media like TY, etc. or quality media should help you with your situation.

I hope that helps.