1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-Flashcard Rom Play on DSi SD Card

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Vetre, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Vetre

Vetre Member

My roommates friend bought a DSi the night it came out, and he explained over the phone that there was a way to play NDS roms on the SD card without getting a flash. Supposedly it involves putting the Acekard2i files on the SD and then putting the roms in the Games folder. He claims it works (but has been too busy with work to show us =/), I have found no where on the internet to prove this and though I have an Acekard on the way... it will be a few weeks since we live way out there (alaska). If there is a way to play nds roms with ONLY a sandisk SD card.

Thanks in Advance,
    Vetre

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

While I have no way to check this without a DSi of my own, I can still say its obviously bunk.

Nintendo would not be that stupid as to allow unsigned code to boot directly from the SD card slot without any kind of exploits or hardware modifications.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see some homebrew or a flashcart that works in this way, but for now there is no way that can happen.

3. MaryD7

MaryD7 Regular member

it is unlikely a flash card manufacturer are trying to hack the sd card to boot pirate games, because theres no money to be made from it.
    acekard 2i and ezflash vi are sold out at most stores.

4. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

Sorry, what I ment by a flashcart that works in that way is a cart that loads its roms from the DSi SD slot instead of an internal microSD card.

Of course no flashcart manufacturer would just let their code run from the SD without buying any hardware. That would be silly. :p