1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non Permanent Subs in a .divx File for a Standalone Divx Dvd Player?

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by satishynd, Feb 1, 2008.

1. satishynd

satishynd Member

Well Sorry If this is already asked and answere...i searched a Lot and got no where..

I downloaded a Movie ..Bourne Ultimatum.divx from Stage6...
    well it's just a One File ie a .divx file and it has Subs in it ie when i view it on the Dvd Player ( Having Divx Support) I can Just Put the Subs On or Off...
    But if i Write a Movie in a Folder with a Separate .srt file with it having the Same Name as that of the Video file ..i cannot see the Subs..

So Does anyone Know any Way to add a Non-Permanent and yea even if Multiple Subs to a .divx file..?

Also as i'm Here How can i add Multiple audio tracks to a One Single .divx File?

Be Sure I'd Like to have Just One .divx File and Nothing additional file with It...

is it Possible?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You can use Avimux GUI to add an extra audio track to your divx file.
    Your standalone divx player might not recognize the subtitle file that is muxed into the divx container, it might want the separate file for the subtitles.
    The computer will recognize them when in the container with the audio and the video.
    You can also mux another subtitle file with Avimux GUI or using sub2divx :

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Sub2DivX

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. satishynd

satishynd Member

thanks for it..I'll give it a try