1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non-standard dvd-audio ?

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by vbkun, Mar 21, 2006.

1. vbkun

vbkun Member

Hello

I finally bought my first dvd-audio, or at least it says so,
    rainbow by ayumi hamasaki.

Althought i can not play it, it seem to me to be not-standard disc because, the files are in Video_Ts folder so, windvd does output it in 48 hz ( the sample dvd-audio of my card plays correctly on windvd ), and creative's dvd-audio player does not identify the dvd has dvd-audio so it does not play it.

Do you guys have face this before? Do i really need to re-author the dvd i just bought ? is it my card's fault, or bad software, or really by bad authoring company ?

thanks people

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

What you have is definitely not a DVD-Audio disc, but a High Resolution DVD-Video disc. If it was sold as DVD-Audio, this is bad form but sadly there is a lot of it around owing to most of the labels wanting their own "versions". I could rant for hours about this but that will not help you.
    WinDVD can be set to output at 24/96 - have a look. Right-click on the main screen after launching it, and go into Options.
    Somewhere in there (In my WinDVD 6 there is anyway) is a switch to enable 24/96 out - this is off by default, as most DVD-Video is limited at the digital outputs to 24/48, sometimes even 16/48 as a form of "Copy Protection" that really does not work.
    Can you check this setting in WinDVD, and let me know?
    If it doesn'y work, your only other option is to pull the WAV files right out of the disc and create a stereo DVD-A disc instead.