1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob here...need help with m3 set up

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by speeedy, Aug 16, 2007.

1. speeedy

speeedy Member

So i followed Mr. Hanky's guide and when i put my cartridge in my ds lite i get "couldn't find_DS_MENU.DAT"

I have everything I need to work the m3, but it doesn't want to work. I downloaded the firmware, I downloaded some roms, and then I downloaded winrar.

Whne I extract them I extracted to my microSD card (I don't know if that is to the root of the microSD card or not) and then I extracted the roms as well to the microSD card and when I go to play them in my DS I get the message i mentioned before.

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

format the sd card like what mr hanky.download the firmware again and copy everything in the folder to the sd card once you have done that take the sd card out and put in the m3 to check if it is working if it comes on turn off your ds and put roms on it.it should work.

3. speeedy

speeedy Member

So i did what you said. I re-downloaded the firmware. I click extract to and chose my microSD. When you say everything in the folder, I assume when i click to extract it does everything. Whn i put it in to check it still gives me the same message. Thanks for trying to help and if you have anymore ideas i would greatly appreciate it.
    thanks

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

no extract to desktop.then there will be a folder on your desktop then click on the folder and copy everything in that folder to the sd card.

5. speeedy

speeedy Member

Thank you very much for the help. I got it to get on. At first it didnt work becasue when you said to put everythign in the folder onto the card i just dragged it over. So this time i decided to open the folder and then drag each file individually over to the microSd card and then that made it work. Thanks again for the help. Now I'm going to try and get a game on it. woohoo

6. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

no problem.you should make a games folder and put your roms in there.

7. speeedy

speeedy Member

got it