1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob in need of help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by blkbd, Nov 18, 2007.

1. blkbd

blkbd Member

Hello to all
    I just received a moded Xbox with Xecuter 2 chip 80gig HD and Evolution X, After spending the weekend working with this I have managed to FTP into it after a series of failures. Under applications(on the control panel) is XBCopy0025 so I tried to install a game using it. That failed and it installed the non working game under the applications header. So I guess I need DVD2Xbox but when I FTP-ed into the system most of the partions are empty and there are no folders listing the applications. Am I missing something that not showing all the programs? Also if it compatable with Evolution X I would like to install XBMC. Any help is greatly appreciated. blkbd

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Feel free to read through my tutorials, they will answer most of your questions.

Get AID v4.10 to install any applications you would like!

3. blkbd

blkbd Member

Thanks for the point in the right direction, Got the torrent DL-ing now. will read through your toots. blkbd

4. blkbd

blkbd Member

Quick ?, I have gotten the torrent for AID4.10 and have choose some of the add ons and and created a ISO and burned it to a DVD-R.(still reading the 52 page manual) Will I have to format the HD or will it install over the current games that are saved there?

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

What are you formatting? AID will install independent to anything on the current drive.

6. blkbd

blkbd Member

Was wondering if I needed to format the HD in order to install AID 4. One more ?. If I decide to format for a clean slate install, Can I just copy the game files to my PC and FTP them back in later? or is there more to that. Sorry to hound you I just got so many things floating in my head from all the threads I have skimmed through.

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

AID is a disc. It doesn't install (you can, but not by default). You simply load the disc and select the applications you need at the time!

As for your game backups, I believe the method you described should be fine!

8. blkbd

blkbd Member

Thanks Chunkhead
    And if your in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving.

9. blkbd

blkbd Member

I ran into a snag, I got the disc running and tried playing with it and tried installing some apps, and rebooted but nuthing there. So i tried some skins with the same results but now when I reboot the screen with the Xbox logo and the Xecuter2 logo at botom is all I get, Even with the disk in it gets to the screen and keeps rebooting. I can't FTP into it in hopes of doing a clean install.

10. blkbd

blkbd Member

what are my options? Can I simply yank the HD out and have my PC format it to Fat32 then throw it back in and boot up with the AID4.10 disk?

11. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You must have seriously done something wrong!

Luckily you have a chip so repair is easy. Get hold of the 'Slayers' disc and re-install a basic dash. If that doesn't work, format the hdd with the same disc!

The Slayer disc WILL load if you have a functioning chip!

;)

12. blkbd

blkbd Member

I think I know what happened!
    Just remember I'm the noob here.
    In doing some skimming through the threads looking for simular problems that happened to others, Someone stated that in setting up you need to create the folders that the programs go in, Well guess what!? I did not do this and when I hit uninstall I bet it took something else. Is there a tutorial on setting up the folders? I have a copy of Slayers program and if I chose one of the packaged bundles will it create the folders and everything for a more of a plug and play setup? sorry to be a PIA but I appreciate the help.

13. blkbd

blkbd Member

I burned Slayers disc and poped it in and rebooted and all I get is the Xbox logo with the Xecuter2 script below,So how fracked am I and what are my options. Thanks blkbd

14. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sounds more like your chip has stopped working? Unless you managed to burn the disc incorrectly? What type of disc did you burn to?

Can you still play games?

15. blkbd

blkbd Member

I used DVD+R as that was the only thing that seemed to work as it worked on the AID 4.10, Unable to play anything. What would happen if I pulled the hard drive and formated on my computer to a fat32 or other format then reconnected it to the Xbox?

I have a Thompson DVD drive in the Xbox and when I tried using DVD-R and DVD+RW to burn AID 4.10 nothing would happen but it worked for DVD+R

If you read my other post it happened after I uninstalled, so I think I deleted something from the OS.

16. blkbd

blkbd Member

Forgot to add: if I formated the drive then reconnected to the Xbox and booted it with AID4.10 or Slayers disc.

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

So it's working?

Sometimes you actually have to enable the chip (Hold the power button in for 3 seconds).

18. blkbd

blkbd Member

Nope nothing.
    all I get is the Xbox logo and at the bottom the print that says XECUTER2, And it just stays that way.

19. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you are certain that the disc you burnt is correct, i'd say that you have a damaged chip! Maybe a dry solder joint or broken wire.

Have a look, see what you can see.

If push comes to shove, remove the chip entirely and softmod it like the rest of us!

;)

20. blkbd

blkbd Member

I really believe its the hard drive, Can I format it using XboxHDM for my PC? I all so have access to a un modded Xbox. is there a way to use it to help. Like swap the un-modded HD into my chipped box to see if it will boot up to a dashboard? Will the EEprom setting let this work or is it not a issue for chipped boxes.