1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NooB ish and confused

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by richster1, Oct 7, 2011.

1. richster1

richster1 Member

Hi, its been a while but i used to use the starview years ago it now seems sadly. Ive since moved to an area with no cable :(

ive had a look through the dm500 post above and its a bit long but ive tried but got confused along the way

I see its with sly this one, but where im lost is, i havnt bought a dm500 yet because i have no idea if what im thinking ,will it actually work

Is it that if i subscribe already to sly, which i do, can i use a dm500 to watch tv at the same time at work while the missus watchs at home? or it it to just use a different box?

thats where im lost

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

explain what you want exactly and then members can help!

3. richster1

richster1 Member

Can i clone my existing card and use it on several boxes at the same time?

thats what im thinking this is but im thinking as i read that its aimed at paying someone else for a card share

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

it is not possible to clone a card. However it is possible to share that card with other users

5. richster1

richster1 Member

thats what i ment, my terms arnt that good so i meen something but way i write it looks like something different!

so what im asking is, could i setup my card as the host card to let my family and myself share the card on other boxes, or does it require masses of technology?

6. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

it is not for those who are technology adverse . Grounding in linux is necessary

7. richster1

richster1 Member

Ok fair enough, so if i do this, im looking at buying cheap boxes, and a serial cable and each box needs a net link up? is it a case of once there setup as long as the card sharer stays live, the boxes wont need messing with once setup? whats the cheapest boxes to use, im thinkin just standard def boxes because they'l accept anything thats cheap for a next to nowt freebie

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

forum does not support advice to members clearly wanting to use public servers