1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nooB needs some help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by syanyde, Sep 15, 2004.

1. syanyde

syanyde Member

hey,

i just got my xbox 4 days ago, it's modded with the ALADDIN ADVANCE CHIP (thats what it says on the box) and it plays imports and backups and all, by holding the power button and all, it runs the games. is this really the aladdin advance?
    the aladdin advance has features such as EvoX HDD Patch, Auto detect EvoX Dashboard and Flash Upgradable, what does it mean? can i pop in a auto Installer and have EvoX installed on my HDD?
    oh yeah, by the way, i just got the mod chip without any other dashboard besides the standard MS Dashboard...

im eager to get the EvoX working, need some directions and Advice..

heres the stuff i have to make this possible:

XBOX with Aladdin Advance
    CD Writer (not DVD-R)
    FlashFXP
    XISO Program
    Got a copy of Slayer's 2.5/2.6 Auto Installers
    CD-R and CD-RW
    Nero
    Got an ADSL Router and LAN Cable for the XBOX.

having some problems with the Auto Installer Boot Disk, help...
    please, someone out there to help me!

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

With your slayers disk inside the xbox, boot to the blue or red bios and hopefully your slayers disk will load. If not, use a Memorex CD-RW to burn slayers. If that doesn't work then your xbox has the dvd rom drive that doesn't like homebrew disks.

Thank Ozzy for this link
    http://alxmod.0catch.com/diagramr2.html

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  3. syanyde

syanyde Member

hey man, thanks so much for your help

i burned the boot cd well and it did load, followed the instructions and got evox working, superb!

now, im just trying to upgrade my HDD. i'm searching a good HDD, im from sri lanka, a tiny island and all the HDD's here are mostly maxtor and seagate... are they good brands? clueless bout this locking and unlocking..
    im planning on having a 160GB
    any help on this will be good.
    i totally know how to change harddrives and reinstalling evox and dash using my boot cd... but HDD??

hope u can help me out... thanks alot