1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob Question about backing up xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by devilkid, May 19, 2009.

1. devilkid

devilkid Member

ok, im new at backing up my games and well, here is what i have ready:

Maxwell DVD-R
    Softmodded Xbox
    Imgburn
    (possible switch setup)

ok, ive been looking around and alot of people have been saying about a couple of programs and tuts about this stuff, also i have no way to connect my pc to my xbox, i need a simple way to copy it from my pc to a blank dvd to read on the xbox, i might be able to get a switch from a friend,so please any people be nice and link some of the tuts for this

2. varnull

varnull Guest

complete guide and faq will answer everything
    you can't copy the games with a pc drive... how many years have we been explaining that?

ftp capabilities needed.

modded xbox
    a crossover cat5 cable.. pennies.. so BUY ONE!!!
    some ftp application .. filezilla/cuteftp .. some freebie will do .. flashfxp is a shitty program full of bugs.
    cloneXB (google it)
    imgburn or nero or similar
    some proper dvd-r's .. NOT maxell coasters.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
  3. XboxPSP

XboxPSP Member

Actually, you can burn out the games if you have an ISO file of the game on you desktop, you will also need Nero Burning Rom, when it starts select DVD (Dropdown Menu) then select DVD(UDF), or something like that, It starts with a U(Scroll Menu). Drag your ISO into the box with the NEW Disk at the top, a box will come up and say "You are trying to add a Single Disk Image, Would you like to close the compilation and burn the disk image?", Click Yes. Then insert a DVD-R and after it burns, it Should (Should not WILL)load on your Xbox.

Hope this helps!

PS. Do not ask me where to get Xbox Isos as it is Illegal. :)

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

i think we all stopped caring about people posting in the wrong sections... but why did you pick this section with this description?

It kind of cracks me up

Use the search feature in my signature, the search button is your friend.