1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

noob question...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by projecte, Nov 15, 2004.

1. projecte

projecte Member

I've been reading guides and this forum for 3 days now, trying to understand the logistics of backing up xbox games. I've determined my xbox version is 1.4 and I ordered the Xenium ICE solderless modchip. What is confusing me is this:

When I backup my xbox games, do I have to burn them w/ a dvd burner or can I play them straight off my xbox HD?

Also, if I have to burn them to play them, do I have to buy a bigger HD for my xbox?

I've had the xbox for a while and I recently was told I could play backup games by modding. This came after my favorite game, GTA3:VC was stolen from my house (I could have lost it but I do not think so).

I really do not want to buy a DVD-R drive (Currently looking at the Pioneer DVR-108) and a hdd for my xbox (Currently looking at the WD1200JB) unless I absolutely have to.

It seems, from the information I've read, that you can do both, but I just want to verify this. I'm sorry if this information is concise in the guides, it just seems ambiguous to me.

Josh

Also these forums are great, lots of information and so it seems great people who are here to help us noobs out!

2. Wizer

Wizer Member

Projecte,

Have you tried http://xbox-scene.com . They will have all the info your looking for.

To answer your questions,

You can backup the games to dvdr or to the hard drive. To back up to the hd after modding you can install programs that will rip the game from the xbox dvd drive. Backing up to the hd you have all the games without having to switch disks.

Yes, install a bigger hd ( at least a 120 gig) 200 or more is better. Maxtor is a good choice, check xbox-scene to make sure the model is compatible.

I was new once too

Have fun

3. projecte

projecte Member

yeah, I found the website shortly after my post and found the answer to my question. It is amazing how much capability the XBOX has. I'm really excited and look forward to being able to back up my games AND use my XBOX as a multimedia center. I will have to see what I can do in regards to creating custom playlists for music in games and stuff, but I'm sure the info is out there.