1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

normal bios will not come up help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by littlet, Jun 16, 2009.

1. littlet

littlet Member

Hi there i recently bought a DuoX 2 GS Cromwell/FlashBios Edition mod chip for my version 1.0 X box, i can get bank 0 and bank 1 to come up. But when i try the normal boot up with the open button the screen comes up that my X box requires service. Does any one no if this is a normal thing after installing the chip?

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

What error code are you getting?

When you press the eject button it will bypass the chip and boot the original bios. Sounds like it's working right but you don't have the correct files in you C: so it's freaking out and throwing a code.

3. littlet

littlet Member

"Your Xbox Requires service
    Please Call Xbox customer Support"
    That is all it says, there was no error code before it do you have an idea what could be the problem (i am thinking the original bios is damaged)

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

is your hard drive locked? When you start up your xbox with the eject button do you see the microsoft logo on the bottom on the xbox startup screen?

[​IMG]

The microsoft logo will appear when the xbox is attempting to unlock the hard drive. If the logo doesn't come up your problem is probably hard drive related.

5. littlet

littlet Member

the Microsoft logo does not appear would i be needing a new hard drive or is there a way to unlock it

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

You have the same problem as one of our other members. You'll have to build an eeprom reader. Rather than handle the same problem seperate go over to that thread and read.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8/558747#4726962

As for your hard drive it's much easier to buy a new drive, however you can force unlock the hard drive but it will lose all information.

7. littlet

littlet Member

most of those steps are soft modding issues, will i have to create and eeprom to back it up if i have a hard modded xbox or just a new HHD would work sorry for the stupid question but it seems a new HHD would unlock the Xbox

8. littlet

littlet Member

Sorry HDD

9. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

The xbox uses a code that locks the hard drive, this code is contained within the eeprom.bin file. Every eeprom is unique so you can't take a hard drive from another xbox and expect it to work on yours. The motherboard and the hard drive are mated together by the eeprom.

Now the reason i tell you to go this route is because it sounds like the drive is unlocked and you need the eeprom. It really shouldn't matter much because the msdash isn't really necessary to have since you have a hard modded xbox but it will not boot the ms dash because the hard drive needs to be locked.

If i were you i would disconnect the eject "BT" connection from the modchip and just use the bios on the chip. You can however get msdash files and run the correct xbe to load the ms dash.

Also i think there's a way to lock your new drive with your eeprom but i don't deal with hard modded xbox's so ill have someone else come in to help you if you want to go that route.

Just let me know

10. littlet

littlet Member

well i was lead to believe that the original bios was to work before the flash disc would read, but i have try'd flashing it several times but nothing happens so i was first trying to fix the original bios part so i could flash my bios. Do i need to fix the original to get the flash disc to read?

11. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

no, that's the reason why you have a modchip, it pretty much overides the bios on the board and boots it's own bios. You should be able to flash the chip if you can get the chip to boot. Reread all the directions i'm sure you're doing something wrong.

http://www.duomodchip.com/english/install.htm#4

12. littlet

littlet Member

i was playing around on my x box and i seen a lock bios key on one of the banks so i tried it and sure enough it worked the original bios booted up.
    i have tried 2 flash discs but neither would work one was the Eurasia generic pro flash disc i just now need to know what flash disc would work the best and where i could get it