1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton 2007 Problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by marrero66, Dec 15, 2006.

1. marrero66

marrero66 Member

My norton 2005 expire 5 days ago,and i deleted and installed back on but it comes up the same way,expire.i did i clean up with norton removal tool but no luck.when i install the first time it ask me for the key,but this time did not and if i continue with the installation it comes up expire.is there anything that i can do to fix this problem.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

did you unstall it from the control pannel in the add and rmove programs? also get rid of norton, and get free avg it is much better and it is free, it is one of the best virus protection, besides pccllin

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

did you unstall it from the control pannel in the add and rmove programs? also get rid of norton, and get free avg it is much better and it is free, it is one of the best virus protection, besides pccllin

4. marrero66

marrero66 Member

Yes i unistall everything from control panel,add remove program

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i just bought a new dell 1501 laptop and the first thing i did was uninstal norton, it came preinstalled with the system, and i instaled avg and i did not have any problems at all with uninstalling norton, you might try reinstalling it and thain uninstall it and see if that dose not solve your problem

6. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey,

Check this out, should do the trick CLICK.

Only step 2 applies to you.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  7. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

marrero66,
    You need to delete all the traces of that program from your computer. Here's what you'l have to delete after you uninstall it.
    Here, 'C:' is the windows sytem drive.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Symantec
    C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Symantec
    C:\Program Files\Symantec
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    Then copy and paste the following quoted text into notepad, and save it with the extension [DOT][R][E][G] (eg. "Remove.REG")
    Then run the saved file, click Yes when asked for a confirmation, and then click OK.

I hope this solves your problem...

8. marrero66

marrero66 Member

ashwin18,you are a genius.i did what you said and it work perfect.thanks alot.

9. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

Thanks for the compliment ;)
    I know that because I've done that myself many times...

10. appubmm

appubmm Member

you have to have the norton removal tool which removes everything. you could get it from "demonoid.com" a torrent website. thats all. and then restart the computer. every norton shits will be gone forever.

11. Almakra

Almakra Guest

i hate it when programs leave traces on your pc - these programs suck big hairy balls!

mcafee does this too - i think the purpose of this is, is to stop people re-using the free subscriptions that come with programs by unistalling and reinstalling them. this would just be too easy, and oh i wish it was!

i had this prob with norton 2005 and i couldn't find a crack anywhere to let me carry on my subscription... also i could not find the trace that stopped me reinstalling it to get another free year. i suspect its still on my pc somewhere!
    i now have mcafee 07 and it sucks big time. but it works so ill leave it.

great advice ashwin - most people think that the removal clears everything but it doesnt really. theres always something that lingers and has to be manually removed, you just have to have the patience to find it. i think ill try this too at some point.

;-)

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  12. bradycorn

bradycorn Member

Do I have to uninstall Norton to insatall AVG?

13. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

no but it would be a good idea, you don't want to be running two virus protection programs on the same system, it can cause conflicts, and slow your system down,