1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by eLiTe23q, Oct 26, 2005.

1. eLiTe23q

eLiTe23q Member

Why Is my norton always disabled when my computer is turned on or restarted? plz help

2. Jamzbond

Jamzbond Regular member

I have Norton's System Works 2005 which includes Norton's Antivirus and I've had this problem. It was fixed by the following. Right click on the system tray icon to open Nortons Antivirus. Click on the Options tab, then click on Norton's antivirus from the scroll down menu. Ensure that the boxes for (1)enable auto protect and (2)start auto-protect when windows starts are both checked. Then go to the Run command then type in msconfig then OK. Click on the Startup tab in System Configuration Utility. Ensure that the boxes beside ccApp,ccRegVfy & SNDMon are all checked. Basically anything related to Symantec should be checked eg Drive letter(eg C):\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec.
    Try that and see if it helps.

3. rugripper

rugripper Guest

get avast its so much better and its free to the home user.norton on many occassions screwed my pc up cause it didnt detect right.this avast is nice.detects great,also covers p2p,win,email,alot of others i never even new needed to be protected.check it out.peace bro