1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Norton Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by M8trix, Mar 2, 2005.

1. M8trix

M8trix Regular member

Ok, this is very wierd thing that happened to me the other night. I was surfing the web, when suddenly, I heard my computer trying to load something. I figured, oh, it must be updating my virus definitions. But then when I looked in the corner, and it showed my Norton program icon disabled and a window poped-up saying, Norton had an internal server error, un-install and re-install Norton Anti-Virus. Immediatley I shut-off the PC. When I restarted I tried out all the Norton stuff, it seems like it's alright. Everything is all in order, I tested my security vulnerabilty on the Symantec website and it said I'm protected completely. I'm not sure what happened that night, but it was very strange. Any thoughts?

One scenario I was thinking about was that Live-Update had an error when trying to update and that's why it said internal server error. Since after I restarted my PC, it did update something through LiveUpdate, so I figured maybe that's what happened. Could that have been the problem?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

its possible but do an online scan with antivirus.com free housecall to confirm no viruses on the computer