1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a newbie....although not perfected...Need help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by linbegone, Jan 5, 2005.

1. linbegone

linbegone Member

I have been doing this for quite a while and i have run into a snag. I use several different pieces of backup software and the snag i ran into was backing up Resident Evil Apocolypse. It runs into a read error that i cannot seem to get past. I use DVD Decryptor and DVDFab..I also use Nero sometimes to shrink..but i cannot seem to get past the read errors...Anyone able to help on this one???

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

There are a number of posts on this problem. One solution is get the update that came out yesterday for DVD Decrypter. It should do the trick.

3. linbegone

linbegone Member

Sorry for posting...if i woulda just kept my mouth shut long enough and read before posting i wouldnt have started this thread...i did read about it and found decryptor to do the trick...i really do appreaciate your letting me know...sorry for the post..i should look before leaping..lol...thanks again

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Hopefully you also noticed the encryption was further strengthened in the movie Little Black Book. AnyDVD has been upgraded and the top version is now in beta. This app run in the background helps even the new Decrypter version and will allow Shrink to record the DVD. Though not free, AnyDVD appears to be doing a better job and even enhances the capabilities of the freeware.

5. linbegone

linbegone Member

I just noticed that a lot of you have been refering to anydvd and i downloaded it but havent tried it yet..i have been using dvdfab gold and platinum and has worked out nicely whereas it has been more compatible of a burn then nero was doing.. whats your opinion on that application. but..i have been a long time fan of dvd decryptor and thats what had me stumped..decryptor has worked flawlessly for me until resident apocolypse. thanks for the info..never too old to learn.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

I to am a DVD Decrypter fan and use it to rip files to the HD for use. Still, I run AnyDVD in the background to help break and eliminate encryption. I've not heard of many programs working to eliminate the sector type encryption being used by sony. RE2 and LBB are the 2 prime movie examples and Little Black Book being the most difficult. The new AnyDVD worked flawlessy while the new Decrypter by itself had to have a support patch to run RE2 and LBB without having problems. With Decrypter make sure the file is 3.5.2.0 and with AnyDVD, 4.4 Beta.

7. linbegone

linbegone Member

well, if its half as good as i hear from all of you i think i will tryout anydvd. im hip to using whats good and im not leary of trying out anything that helps make my life easier in backing up my stuff. i started with superdvdripper a couple a years ago when it came packaged with dvd squeeze. then i discovered decryptor and became an instant believer in that little tool. thanks for the great input and time to try anydvd and see how i do. thanks again and happy ripping.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

The 21 day trial is full function; that should be an ample test period. Be sure to use the Beta or the newer version when it comes out. Just because it doesn't appear to be doing anything, don't believe it. That's the beauty of it, it runs in the background and works so you won't have to. Read the description on the slysoft website.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2005
  9. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

hey brobear anydvd has been updated again today . the new version is 4.5.1.1 beta . i just downloaded today . 4.4.1.1 is the version before that .

10. brobear

brobear Guest

Gotta watch that bunch with AnyDVD when they go into beta; they move fast. Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll get everything worked out and things will quieten down for a while. Somebody ups the encryption and then the companies with ripper software go to work to break it. It's a game. The industry knows if they encrypt something, somebody will break it.