1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a valid Win32 application

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rjmfac, Jul 2, 2003.

1. rjmfac

rjmfac Guest

I received pictures through e-mail but cannot save them elsewhere in my computer. An error message say this is not a valid Win32 application. Does anyone know how to solve this?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Can you be more specific? Are you using an email client (Outlook, Eudora, IncrediMail) or are you viewing your email online (i.e., Yahoo, Hushhmail, Hotmail). Is it just these pictures, any pictures or anything at all that you cannot download.

3. rjmfac

rjmfac Guest

I am using Outlook Express. I receive the email and the pictures appear in the email, but the attachment cannot be opened. Also, when I copy them to Windows Explorer they cannot be opened there either.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Peculiar... cant say ive ever heard anything like that before... oh wait me gets idea... what program are u using to open the images... that program is giving you the "invalid w32 application" error I would imagine

5. rjmfac

rjmfac Guest

I'm just double clicking on the attachment when I'm in Outlook Express.

6. Jice

Jice Guest

do you have quick time with the jpeg program installed on your computer? You could try dnl that and then opening your photos there.

7. Xian

Xian Regular member

I would suspect a problem with your file associations that is causing that to happen. Check to see what file type is associated to that extension. For Windows 2000, in My Computer go to Tools then Folder Options and pick the File Types tab (it might be View menu then Options for other versions of Windows). Then find the extension of the graphic file type and see what program is set to open it. Its possible that you removed a program that was associated with that file type and the registry didn't get cleaned up, or the application that you use for viewing needs reinstalled to set the file association. You can set the association manually too.