1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not enough disc space?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by consasia, Mar 4, 2007.

1. consasia

consasia Member

I recently went to a new version of Nero v7.5.9.0. And since I have done this every AVI to DVD that I try to burn is trying to use 4.37 out of 4.38 to burn with and after an extensive time of transcoding it will tell me that there is not enough space on the disc to burn. I have never had this issue. I have already updated my firmware. I have looked at the preferences and everything is set to default. How do I fix this issue??

Thank you!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I suppose I should first ask, how much space do you have on your hard drive?

If Nero is doing what you say, I could only guess that the estimate Nero is making prior to burning is not completely accurate. In that case, during transcoding, Nero realizes it can't keep it's promise. Using a different audio format may help, depending on what you have and you can test it by changing and seeing what the estimate does.

I suppose you could, if you are using automatic quality settings, set the quality yourself to a lower standard and leave more room on the drive. I don't think Nero can recalculate the room needed, if it fails to make the project fit the first time during transcoding.

You might also use the 2 pass encoding method, since it uses Variable Bit Rate, it may be able to make the file smaller. If you try that and have audio sync issues, let us know.

3. consasia

consasia Member

Actually I have a 200GB HD with 50GB left on it, so that is no issue. I messed with the settings a little bit and changing it to long play works like a charm. I have been able to burn with no issues at all. Thank you so much for your help. :)