1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not enough free space disk 3

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brenda893, Jun 11, 2011.

1. brenda893

brenda893 Member

i have always gotten help from here so i hope someone will help me,when i go to back up a movie i can't do it b/c it not enough free space on disk 3. What does this mean? I hope someone will know what i am talking about.
    Thanks,
    brenda

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

The size of the movie won't fit on a single layer DVD.

See DVDShrink.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Free space if on a hard disc is where there is no data stored,you can see it better in computer management window by selecting disc management,best bet if this is hdd's your going on about is get the biggest you can afford more so if you intend not to use compression

unsubbed

4. brenda893

brenda893 Member

I appreciate your help but i don't really understand,I have been using dvd fab for several years now and with a lot of help from here i was finally able to do my movies without a problem then one day this window pops up after i open dvd fab and says there is not enough space on the c drive. What can i do without buying something? Please tell me there is something i can do to fix this.I am sorry if i am confusing every one.
    thanks

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Download "Treesize Free" it will show you what is consuming the most amount of disk space.

6. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

If your hard drive is to full to allow Dvdfab to put temp files on it when you copy the movie then just delete something you don't need. Movies, music, pictures, programs you don't need get rid of. Download ccleaner it can delete temp files and uninstall programs plus lots more.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/security/system_cleanup/ccleaner.cfm

7. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Yeah, You Need to Get Rid of Some Things On Your Hard Drive. I Think you Need About 12 Gigs Free.

8. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

yup.. about right.. 3x the disk size is a good rule of thumb.

9. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

DVDfab's system requirements are 20GB free hard drive space. A computer with a hard drive close to being filled up will also lead to a slow computer as most programs need space for temp files. Defragging is more important when drive fills up. I believe you need 15% free space of drive for that also.

10. brenda893

brenda893 Member

I think i understand what you are saying ,i didn't know pictures and videos were on a c drive but i will get rid of them. i will let you know if this works,
    Thank You

11. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

you can set these authoring applications to point to any location you like.. as for fragmented drives.. only the crappy M$ filesystem suffers from that.. not us unix people with proper file systems ;)