1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Finalizing or Invalid Disc

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by lynamgirl, Jul 3, 2007.

1. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

I have had my ilo for a while it is the 04 without the hard drive. I have had it for about 2 years. Recorded hundreds of movies. I have always used the same brand of DVD's. Now it recording movies,and if I do not finalize it right away, it will not finalize. It will say invalid disc. I have used a cd lens cleaner in it, but it still isnt working. It does fine if I watch it and finalize it as soon as it is over. Any suggestions?

2. JVC

JVC Active member

ALWAYS finalize as soon as it's over!
    I say this because too many people have had their recorder go bad, before they got all their discs finalized, and then they are SOL. The discs MUST be finalized, on the same machine that burned them! If you have several discs that's not finalized, and your recorder breaks down, you can throw all those discs in the trash. You'll never get them finalized...........
    Good luck!

3. lynamgirl

lynamgirl Member

Most of the time, I finalize it as soon as the recording ends, but on occassion I will leave a movie recording when I go to bed, then the next morning it will not finalize. I do not remove the disc from the burner, sometimes it will power down overnight.

4. LCSHG

LCSHG Regular member

I have two Lteon 5045, two ilo RHD04, three Liteon 5005, two ilo R04, and one Accurian 3223
    I can record on a +R or –R disk and have empty space left on these disks. I can remove the disks and add to them on any one of the other Liteon/ilo units. They will play UN-Finalized on any of my machines and can be finalize on any one of these units to insure that they will play on other units. [This is for +R and –R disks, [Not a +/-RW]

On the problems mentioned with finalizing I would look to a problem with the Burner or in how the disks are handled.