1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not getting the speed u want? me either!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Seifeth, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Seifeth

Seifeth Member

i just got a new asus pci-e motherboard..radeon x700pro...intel 3.4 processor... and 512mb of ram... i'm trying to play half life 2 and i'm lagging! i'm like on medium setting and lagging!!! is there a problem with my computer? is this normal? maybe i dont have enough RAM? is a gig needed to play this game smoothly?!? Help! thx

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

First, have you updated to the latest ATI Catalyst drivers?

Second, depending on what brand of RAM you have, the latency settings may have to be changed in the BIOS. Sometimes, when you let the BIOS automatically set the latency settings, there are problems. Most manufacturer's websites list the proper latency settings for the type of RAM that you have.

Third, personally, I would not have less than 1GB of RAM on my computer, if using Windows XP.

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Funny its this game that made me leave INTEL. Has the game ever played smooth on your system? Without the patch to this game it is normal to have studdering. Some rounds would also go slow. If you do not need your CD to play then you already have the update I mentioned. Im on AMD64 3200, 1 GIG Kingston HyperX, ASUS K8N-e Delux MB, WD 120 Gig SATA HD, ATI Radeon X800 Pro. In this game all my setting are full blast (WFVS is off) and it plays just as good as watching TV.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005