1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not only copying a game but adding a file to it ?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by albertd25, Nov 21, 2004.

1. albertd25

albertd25 Member

So people I'have an simple question.I had already being able to copy any Cd game without a problem with all those software arounds, but my interest is a bit different.I have some older games and new that I wish making them a backup copy but with some files added to them.Files like patch updates,walkthrougs or other things related with the game.Anyone had tried this before or know how this could be done ?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

copy everything from harddrive because if you do disk copy probably can't add files to cd than

3. albertd25

albertd25 Member

Thanks for your advise ddp but can you give more details.Perhaps you intend using windows explorer,highligt the cd drive,select all files,copy them in my HDD and then using the "Data disc" option of Nero with the 'add' files to CD buton or any other software, transfer them to cd together with my wanted files?It is so ease?I have tried this mode a couple of times with 'Blood Omen II' ,'Medal of Honor Allied Assault' etc.I had finished the CD's but the installation was not succesfull.I mean if this the corect way,why are needed so many softwares if it is not only for simplifying the copy proces?

4. ddp

possible the games are copy protected which is why you can't get install to work, ran into that problem with mechwarrior 4??, could do a copy from harddrive but no install same with diskcopy. try alcohol 120 might work

5. albertd25

albertd25 Member

It is not a copy protection problem because they are not.I use A-Ray scaner and I already have alchool 120 for simple copy disc to disc.I believe that Alchool 120 or Clone CD can't create data discs from HDD.They can only copy discs or create an image in HDD that is not possible to be modified.This is my epinion,correct me if I am wrong.Any way the mode that I told you in the previous message about ussing windows explorer was right or not?

6. Soulreave

Soulreave Member

when u have ur image on ur harddrive as long as its a cd image u can use winiso to add files to an image

7. ddp

yes if rewriteable cd but no otherwise. i use windows explorer when copying files from cd/dvd or my laptop drive or to my laptop drive but otherwise i use roxio 5 plat.

8. albertd25

albertd25 Member

Me to have the Roxio easy CD/DVD creator 6 because it comes together with my new Plextor 708A,but for which option do you address? Drag to Disc,Creator Clasic or what?

9. ddp

try Creator Clasic .me i have roxio 6 but prefer 5 for now also have nero 5 & 6 but not installed

10. albertd25

albertd25 Member

Thanks to 'soulreave' advisse I have tried Winiso with sucses Thanks to soulreaver advise I have tried Winiso with success. It worked. So you can have or burn images with any software(Alcohol 120% in my case) use the WINISO to open them like a tree so you ca add ,delete anything, save the images and burn them with success. Now you not only can backup your games but also add an update patch,walkthrough-guides,cheats,anything you want until you had space.Now I have another idea after I saw something interesting.In different locations I had found for example “the matrix “ game in four Cds or “Fifa Soccer 2004” in 2 CDs but also the same games in another location was at half volume:2Cds for “Matrix” and 1CD for “Fifa 2004”.I had tried the last one and found that it has an selfextracting procedure(certainly it was zipped).How this can be done,I mean, well let zip it, but how selfextract works?