1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not really a newbie, but having a new problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tigers89, Dec 30, 2007.

1. tigers89

tigers89 Guest

I am trying to back up my child's Brain Quest dvd by Brighter Minds. I used dvdshrink and imageburn and got copies but in the standalone I only get the ad/title screen then it goes to my dvd's banner screen. the dvd only came up as 10mb in shrink and will only preview the ad/title screen. Any ideas how to get the content to come up?

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

are you sure your using dvd shrink correctly? heres a dvd shrink guide.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

it may be the copy protection that dvd shrink can't handle if so post back

3. tigers89

tigers89 Guest

Yes I am very seasoned with dvdshrink, but for this particular dvd after it analyzes, I only get 10mb total. I also should mention I am using AnyDVD also. I have a screen shot but not sure how to post it. This is the first time I have seen anything like this.

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

try using the anydvd ripper ripping the file to your HD first(making sure the complete file is there) then transcode with dvd shrink and burn.

or try using clonedvd 2 + anydvd

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

a game dvd may be the problem for dvd shrink...

i would plum for anydvd running with dvd decrypter, MODE tab "ISO Read"

but it maynot have protection init? you tried a 1:1 copy with nero or something?

6. tigers89

tigers89 Guest

Not yet. I guess being a game dvd could be the logical reason. I will give Nero a try and let you know. Thanks.

7. tigers89

tigers89 Guest

Nero 1:1 copy worked. To my shugrin, sometimes its to simple stuff we overlook. Thanks for all of your help. BTW how are these dvds constucted, some actual dvd content (amounting for the 10mb I was able to get in shrink) and the rest questions with graphics/audio, converted to dvd. I ask because I do non-profit stuff and this would be a neat way to go about getting the kids new activities. Sorry for leading to a new thread

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

most games are copy protected so check the console forums on how to back them up. they vary form ps2 xbox etc. on how to do it.