1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure whats going on

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by UrAteUp, Apr 4, 2007.

1. UrAteUp

UrAteUp Member

I have burned countless DVDs in the past with my current DVD drive. I posted on another thread about a recent problem I had with buffer underrun protection. I solved that problem but my discs are still getting far into a movie and then stopping, pausing and cutting out. I checked that my DMA was set and I can't understand what else it could be. Any ideas?

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

What brand of media are you using?

What speed do you burn at?

Might need a firmware update

3. onya

onya Guest

What's your burn speed? what media do you use?

EDIT: LOL...... beaten to the punch....again....LOL who said great minds think and post alike?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2007
  4. UrAteUp

UrAteUp Member

Using Philips DVD +R. Burning at 4x and not sure what my firmware is. I generally burn through Decrypter. AnyDVD+DVDShrink and burn with Decrypt. My DVD burner is an Aopen.

I recently formatted the harddrive and took out my slave and another CD-RW drive. That cut down the time it was taking me to ready a movie and to burn it.

5. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

you can check here to see if you need a firmware update
    http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

when you put a phillips blank dvd in decrypter what does the Disc Manufacturer say, see pic
    [​IMG]
    i suspect the media you are using may be the problem

6. UrAteUp

UrAteUp Member

Thanks for the advice. I switched media and did do two good burns. I still have yet to see if there is a firmware update but I know it at least is not my burner.

The responses I have gotten to this post bring a couple new questions to mind though and I hope can get answers for.

1) When I use the old media sometimes I get a good burn and sometimes I do not. Any thoughts on that?

2) What version of Decrypter are you using in that picture? I have 3.5.4.0 and when I put in the DVD it doesn't tell me who the manufacturer is.

I am currently trying to use one of the old media again. This time though I slowed the burn speed down to 2.4x to see if that will help. I hate to get rid of about 75 DVD's if I can help it...lol.