1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is loading

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sckuz254, Jan 28, 2012.

1. sckuz254

sckuz254 Member

This question may have already been asked. I searched the forum and didn't find it. It was a brief search, though. I have an R4-3Ds card and my Nintendo DS is acting like there is something wrong with it. It keeps thinking it's "Prince Caspian" and when you try to play it, I get a really pixilated image that says "? menu". I don't own that game or anything. Nothing against Prince Caspian, it's just that I have no idea who he is or what he's doing here. I don't even own his game. Anyway, it's not working out like I planned. Any suggestions? I want to use this cartridge to stomp my foot in the door of the video game programming world. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Then also, please send me links to useful Nintendo DS programming sites.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

every cartridge ha a patch to make the ds console think its an official ds cartridge, when it loads you wont have the prince game you'll have the menu for the cartridge you are using (as long as you have the correct firmware on the root of the micro sd card) if this is not happening you have the wrong firmware lucky for you, you need to put the right firmware for the version of R4 you have bought 43 versions of firmware available and you can only use one.
    go to the site advertised on the box or label of the card and get the firmware and after you download and extract it put it on the micro sd card, make a new folder on the micro sd card called games, put all the extracted games in games folder and try again.

3. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

watch this

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012