1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing works!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dac21, Oct 12, 2003.

1. dac21

dac21 Member

I have 3 things:
    DVD shrink
    DVD decrypter
    Nero 6.0
    I can get all my files done with the DVD burner, or if I use DVD shrink they work as well. Then I burn them with Nero, and it says successful, but when I go to play the DVD, it is blank.
    Also when I burn computer games, it burns the game, installs fine, then when I go to play it, it tells me to insert the proper disk.
    This is what I do....
    Decrypt the DVD with decrypter
    open Nero and chose "make a DVD video"
    open VIDEO_TS in the left side of nero
    add large files from what was decrypted to my hard drive
    burn

it doesnt work....same with the computer games... whats going on??
    thanks!!!

2. cheib

cheib Member

Try using Stomp's RecordNow Max, do a search on google for it. They usually have a 30 day free trial, by far next to nero it's one of the best burning programs. I had problems with Nero as well and tried RecordNow Max and it cleared everything up. But try doing a search in the forums Alot of these guys here now Nero like the back of there hands and have some helpful info on here on what may be your problem.

3. dac21

dac21 Member

If possible, I would like to continue using Nero. I have downloaded over and over different programs, but haven't been sucessful yet. I am new at this and haven't actually sucessfully burned a DVD yet. Is there maybe somewhere I can get a step by step guide that anyone knows is proven effective?
    I would also like to know how to properly burn games without getting the "insert proper cd" message.
    How long should it take to fully burn a DVD from beginning to end? Someone told me that it should be an over night process, but when I do it it takes a matter of an hour or so, so I am not sure which should be right.
    Thanks

4. jagmone

jagmone Guest

Burn the DVD with Decrypter!!!

5. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

You haven't burned a dvd yet. Now on your burns, do they play in the computer, can you check the disc to see if all the files burned like they were supposed to. When you play the disc and it is blank, does that mean that there was nothing burned when you checked it with your computer or is that only with your standalone?

Burning is dependent upon the speed of your burner and the speed of your media. It is usually about an hour for 1x and can be as quick as 15-20 minutes for 4x. (It is an overnight process when I burn a disc from a miniDV Avi file to a dvd, but that includes a LOT of encoding to change the size of the file.)

I highly recommend Oriphus' guides as they are nicely detailed.
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

6. dac21

dac21 Member

The disk comes out totally blank. It will not play in a computer or DVD player, even when I try to open it, it says "please insert disk into drive E" so its not happening at all.
    I will check out Orphis' guide. Thanks.

7. dac21

dac21 Member

Oriphus' guide will not open. Maybe someone can let him know that?

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member