1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noticable difference in DL BDR?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by ammauric, Sep 13, 2010.

1. ammauric

ammauric Member

So far for backing up my movies, I've only been using single-layer disks (for obvious cost reasons), and myself haven't noticed a drop in quality after compressing to the 25 GB size.

I've been using the combination of AnyDVD and BD-RB, I didn't know if anyone had experienced any cases where there's a noticeable quality drop when compressing a particular movie.

What I should watch out for, e.g. are there any particular trouble movies, or any keys I should look for that might cause trouble?

2. Aldiii

Aldiii Member

I`ve compressed a couple movies to Xvid, using Aiseesoft Blu-Ray ripper (got it for free) average 1.5 gb movie only and no noticeable Quality loss. Played them with VLC player. I used old Nero7 has Nero Vision verison 4.9.7.6 and burned to dual layer disc. Average size when completed about 6.5 GB. No noticeable Quality loss.
    I couldn`t get 1 of the pieces of software needed to load on this old model T I`ve got. Wanted to try the BD-RB program.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010