1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice Android Kodi

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Leodis, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Leodis

Leodis Newbie

I've used my Android box for several months. I love learning how it works. I am a novice but enjoy the challenge. My questions are
    1 How do you fix Failed to Play? Just installed we are king and it's not working.

2 When asked to download link and save it I don't know how to do this.

I'm really glad I've finally found this site. I hope you can help.

2. piopat

piopat Active member

hi i just saw your post here . is we are king an android app ? (for tv ) or is it a kodi addon ? . sorry its just if i know the app / addon in question i might be able to advise better .

if you are trying to play a tv channel or video of some sort and it says FAILED TO PLAY that usually means that for some reason the box cant open the channel . every iptv channel because its coming from the internet has an internet address (url) its not unlike say a phone number on a phone . you enter the number in your phone and it connects to the other phone . well iptv works in a sort of similar way , an app/addon in your box has a url in it that links to a channel or video , as long as the url doesnt change the app / addon can connect to the channel or video , but if the channel or video has a new url and your box only has the old url the two cant connect . its the same for example if you had a persons phone number that you used to call them , but one day they change their number , now the number you have wont let you connect to that persons phone . so to put it simply the people that own the iptv channel or video change the url (periodically ) , so if your app has the old url and not the new url and you play a channel or video it will fail to play .

popular apps and addons are usually updated by their makers , so if they get the new url they will add it to their app/ addon and then it should work again when you try it .

another reason a channel or video may not play is if the box isnt connecting to the internet . very slow internet or a poor wifi signal can cause such a problem .so check your box is connected to the internet (try other apps and addons ) if they work ok your box has internet . but where ever possible i would say not to use wifi as you always lose a lot of broadband speed , i would say connect the box direct to the router using an ethernet cable or some sort of home plug devices .

what link are you attempting to download ? sorry , the more info you post the more chance we will understand and be able to help you .

3. holnect

holnect Member

4. holnect

holnect Member

andriod app (t.v)