1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice Needs Much Help!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by cashman1, Mar 26, 2005.

1. cashman1

cashman1 Guest

I am totally lost but trying to learn...

My TV video capture card program outputs a Mpeg 2 file, but burning programs ( I have 2 different ones ) will have nothing to do with this file. My Nero OEM software will not handle this Mpeg2 file because of somekind of plug in needed for converting Mpeg2.

What do I convert this Mpeg2 file to, so burning programs can use it???

All ideas would be very helpful.

2. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Hi,cashman1

Yes, Nero does require the DVD plugin. You didn't mention you second burning app.

I like to use WINavi for converting files. It can convert you Mpeg tp the dvd format and a program like CloneDVD2 can burn it or any other dvd authoring software, If you want to go with dvd.

You can also convert to AVI,,vcd's, and svcdx as well

Check out the guides section here @ AD and you'll find plenty of ways to work with video files and the software you will need.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your File is allready in the Correct Format so you do not need to Convert it to anything so Nero isn"t what you need as Nero is not a DVD authoring Program it is a Burning Program and you do NOT Burn Video Files to DVD then must be "Authored" to DVD useing a DVD authoring program...

You just need to use a authoring Program Like "DVDLab" or "Tmpgenc DVD Author" to add your Menu"s and Chapters and then it will format it all into a "Video_TS Folder" and Burn it to DVD for you...

Cheers

4. cashman1

cashman1 Guest

Thank you Minion for the great info... Just what I needed. As a newbie to this all, maybe my choice of words is not always correct. Your input was very useful and I can now see light at the end of the tunnel, and not a train.. lol

I will look for authoring programs to go with my burning programs.

5. pfh

pfh Guest

FYI- You can usually playback that mpeg file in Windows Media Player. That way you can at least check it out and see if it's all been captured and what not.
    But like Minion pointed out, feed that mpeg to a dvd authoring program to: 1) Burn to hard drive folder or 2) Burn direct to disc.
    If you burn to hard drive 1st you'll get another chance to "test run" your dvd with software player before burning to disc.