1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nreo label of burned disc not shown in Win Explorer tree

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by email2003, Jan 22, 2007.

1. email2003

email2003 Member

Hello,

Here is My problem;

When preparing disc (CD or DVD) to be burned with Nero (6.6.0.16) I always put some name (by default is My disc) in Label tab, for expl. DVD pictures 001. When I load so burned disc, there is no name in Windows explorer tree, it stands P: (what is letter for DVD drive).

(Windows are XP Pro SP2, up-date regularly, DVD burner is Pioneer 109-BK.)

The main catch is; that this disc will be shown on friends PC with dedicated label. I presume that this is thing on Windows mater, but if someone can help me, please. (Also presume, that is somewhere in Windows box to be checked for resolving this problem, but I don't know where is it.)

Please, if someone can help me to resolve this, to answer me.

Thank You very much.

Greetings.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

3. email2003

email2003 Member

Hi laddyboy,

AutoFix didn't help. Sorry if I was not precise, but I don't have problem with AutoPlay. When I load completed (OK burned) DVD with label "DVD pictures 001" (or if I set short label like Pic001) there is no that label of DVD in Win explorer, instead there is "DVD-RW Drive (P:)" and DVD is accessible with mouse click (I mean that I can access to folders & files on DVD). If I set AutoPlay ON, there is again no label in explorer tree. (I don't use AutoPlay usually.)

It seems that this is not common trouble, because no one heard for something like this. I ask some friends, ... .

If You got any other suggestion, or anybody else, please reply.

Thank You very much for respond.

Greetings.

4. email2003

email2003 Member

Apologize to all users of Nero on "forums.afterdawn.com".

Subject must be "Nero label of burned disc not shown in Win Explorer tree".

Fast mistyped! Sorry!

Greetings.

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

The disk label not displaying problem is not a new one. It's been around for quite a while. The repair wizard I linked has fixed it for some people in the past.

Did this drive ever display the volume labels? Is there a difference between commercial DVDs and DVDs you've burned?

Have you tried uninstalling (reinstalling) the drive using Device Manager?

6. email2003

email2003 Member

Hi laddyboy,

Today I reinstalled, after reading Your post, the drive using Device Manager. Still same.

There is no difference in XP between commercial DVDs and DVDs I burned and I'm pretty sure that labels was never shown in XP. .

Here goes whole story.

On My PC I have OS: Win XP Pro SP2 and Win 98 SE (almost not used after installed XP); Drives are: "DVD RW Pioneer 109" and "CD RW Plextor PleXwriter 16/10/40A" (old but good, also rarely used from time point (2 y I think) when I installed DVD in PC).

After reading Your post 1st I started Win 98 and tested all combination, of commercial DVDs/CDs and DVDs/CDs I burned, and there is everything OK! All labels are on places where they must be in explorer tree from both drives in all tests!

In XP is different.

CDs, loaded with Plextor, have dedicated labels. DVDs loaded with Pioneer have not. Also, same CDs, loaded with Pinoeer have no labels in XP explorer tree. But! When is no DVD disc in drive, in explorer tree stands "DVD-RW Drive (P:)", when is disc inserted (loaded) stands "CD Drive (P:)". I write this wrong in post before but I'm sure that was like that all the time from installation of Pioneer drive in PC. (I mean when the DVD disc is in drive, in explorer tree stands "CD Drive (P:)" and DVD disc is accessible with mouse click or Enter key.)

After this tests in XP I reinstalled Pioneer drive using Device Manager, restarted XP and still same old story.

Before and after uninstallation of Pioneer drive in Device Manager was no alerting signs ( !, ?, X). In Device Manager is everything OK.

Laddyboy I hope that You, or other readers, have suggestion what can be helpful.

Thank You very much.

Best regards.

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I'm guessing there's something messed up in the WinXP OS and that's causing the display problem. It's usually one of the elements related to the Autoplay feature. I'm out of quick fix ideas if enabling autoplay doesn't make it work correctly, so other than living without volume labels appearing, you may need to reformat and reinstall the OS.

The only other thing I can think of is this. Do you have any packet writing software installed like Nero InCD, Roxio's Drag to Disk, etc.? Those drivers can cause problems sometimes.

8. email2003

email2003 Member

Hi laddyboy,

Yes, Nero InCD 4.3.20.1. Suggestion? (Except reinstall the OS.)

Thank You very much laddyboy.

Best regards.

9. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

10. email2003

email2003 Member

Hi laddyboy,

It works! :)

After reinstalling Nero (6.6.0.16) and InCD (uninstall both with clean tools) and new AutoPlay set it works fine! Label is in explorer tree.

laddyboy Thank You very much on suggestions.

Thanks once again,

Best regards.

11. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

you're welcome