1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.NRG file question

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jb2453, Dec 25, 2006.

1. jb2453

jb2453 Member

alright a while back i was in the process of backing up my HD. I used Nero 7 and made several .NRG files.
    then i installed windows on a different partition and installed a whole bunch of other stuff i dont remember exactly.
    now when i try to load the images i get a message that says "invalid image file". i cant even load them with daemon tools (same message).
    I know the image files are corrupt for whatever reason, my question is this: is there any way that i can extract the files from the corrupted images(a program or something)? some of the files were extremely important to me.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Try ISO BUster.

Also, is it shown as corrupt when trying to load into Nero?

If so..
    -Are these files form the same version of nero you used to make them?
    -What version are you using now?
    -what version of nero were you using to make these?

Get back to us.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well you can try 2 things. Change the extension to .iso for Daemon, or better yet use Nero ImageDrive to directly mount the .nrg.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

How would he mount it with Nero Image Tool if Nero isn't letting him load them into it?
    Lol~

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well the poster can try. Both with Daemon and ImageDrive. [​IMG]

7. jb2453

jb2453 Member

sorry for posting in the wrong forum
    i was using nero 7.0.1.4 to make the image files, the same version i am currently running.
    when i try to open the file with nero burning rom a window pops up that says "sorry, this is not a valid disc image file". I believe I purchased the ultimate version of Nero 7, however as of right now i only have nero burning rom installed, nothing else. I have not tried opening the files with imagedrive, because i am assuming that if burning rom wont open it, than imagedrive probably wont either.
    When I try to open the file with ISObuster, nothing comes up at all. Ive never used ISObuster before but i could not get the image loaded, I could be wrong, tho.
    When I try to open the file with daemon, a window pops up that says "unable to mount image. Invalid image file."
    So I took the advice from MysticE and renamed to an .ISO file. Now, when I try to open with daemon, I get this message: "Unable to mount image. Unable to access image file." So far, I cannot open these with any program i have.
    I realize that obviously somethign is wrong with these images, but again, my only goal is to retrieve the actual files inside these images, some if not all of them.
    also, thank you for the responses. this is probably the most helpful forum ive ever visited.
    jb2453

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006