1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nrg- file unreadable

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Emil3, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Emil3

Emil3 Member

I tried to burn and read a .nrg -file, which I downloaded from the internet, with several programms as winiso nero and others. Normally I can see what the nrg- file is all about with some programms. At last I managed to burn the Cd. Unfortunately there is no possibility to see what is in the file on my harddisk nore on my Cdrom. Even my burner seems to have problems reading the burned Cd if I look what is on it...
    Is there any possibility to see what this file is all about?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

NRG files are Nero cd/dvd images.
    *** To burn using nero:
    Version 5: File --> Burn Image
    Version 6: Recorder --> Burn Image

*** To view:
    Open it up with CDMage or UltraISO or something of the sort.

3. Emil3

Emil3 Member

Thanks for your reply.
    The problem is the message that I get when I trie to open it with for instance CDmage. "error: invalid format of the file"
    WinIso says: "Cannot open file: it appaers to be a invalid format image"
    UltraIso says: "ISO 9660 Volume not Found!"
    CdrWin if I do a test image says: "Error:Invalid image file."
    I also tried Isobuster. It sees the file as a track01 LBA0. I can do a sectorview with this programm. If I do that there are lots of zero's, but not only. Where do I have to look, at which special track/place... If I use my editor I can see at the end that there is written: CUEX A ÿÿÿjA ÿÿÿjA Aª 2µDAOX @ @    ° )šX SINF  MTYP  END! NER5 )šX
    I copy and pasted that, but I know it will be bit pattern. You can see that it was written with Nero5 I think.
    Do you have any suggestions, or can I just throw away the file because it is unrecoverable?
    Maybe I have to look at it with a programming or debugtool?

Thanks for advice.