1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ntfs file system

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ianmakk, Dec 20, 2004.

1. ianmakk

ianmakk Guest

hello , i changedd my file system the other day from fat32 to ntfs , since doing this my pc keeps reebooting after about 10 mins , does anyone know what would be causing this

thanks in advance

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

something didn't like the change, try reloading windows on top of selve to see if correct problem

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Does it reboot or does it give you a message that it's going to reboot in a minute?

4. ianmakk

ianmakk Guest

it just reboots with no warning screen just goes blank then reeboots

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

don't just re-format, delete the partition and start from scratch.

6. Steven007

Steven007 Member

What was the procedure you took to alter your disk file system? If you did it correctly it should not exibit rebooting without warning. To see warning messages you need to grab the install cd and get the minidump tool out. Windows creates it every time there is a crash. Read the docs for how to do this. Also you can set winodws to write a dump file via the system properties section. One of the things I do when I have random reboots is to start disabling devices untill the reooting stops. This is in the event that it reboots when you are just running the basic desktop with no other programs. If you can give us any other clues it would speed up the troubleshooting.