1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTLDR, help meee!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by snifr, Dec 27, 2005.

1. snifr

snifr Guest

Hello all.
    I took my cdrom drive out of my computer then i startet it and then it come op with the error: "NTLDR IS MISSING".
    I havbe tried to reinstal windows but it cant find the C drive, so i dont now how i shall get my computer to work again. If somebody could help me i would be very happy.?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

When a PC starts up , it has to look for your Boot.ini file that is located in the root of your HD -- If it does not see this -- it will give you the error you getting now ! Now you said you've removed and re-installed your drive -- could it be that you also nudge the HD connections ?? Has to be something you touched when you did that ""remove"" -- !

3. snifr

snifr Guest

No i have'nt, cause BIOS can find it. But if i go into and will instal windows again i can see 130 gb of my HD and but it is the last 30 gb i have windows on. I have seperated my HD to 2 drives. I can instal windows on the 130 but when i start up the pc it still says that error, so i dont now if the HD cant be return to zero or what i can do?

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Ok then -- NTLDR is an acronym for New Technology Loader -- what's most likely going on is the BIOS either didn't look for the right drive, didn't find the right partition, it wasn't active, didn't find the MBR, or the MBR didn't list NTLDR in the right place, or the location of NTLDR changed.

5. snifr

snifr Guest

Yes, but how can i fix it?

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest