1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by eniveparg, Sep 28, 2004.

1. eniveparg

eniveparg Member

When I burn a dvd it will play fine on my computer but I get NTSC errors on my dvd player. I have tried Nero and DVD Dhrink to burn them both. Now Im stumped with alot of beer coasters.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

I'd suggest using RW media until you get the problem resolved, you'll save on the media.

Normally Shrink with Nero as the burner does a good job. What kind of error are you getting? NTSC errors covers some territory. If you would be more specific and describe the error problem.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004
  3. eniveparg

eniveparg Member

Aint that the truth. I also should mention that my dvd player is dvd-r and I am using the -r media. The movie will play fine on my xbox but i have that on a 13" tv so that wont work.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Save them for the Super Bowl :)

What brand of media are you using? And, have you always had this problem? You ever checked your players compatibility?

5. flip218

And just a heads up ... If you do use RW's, don't panic if they don't play on you XBox. XBox doesn't play RW media ... at least I haven't been able to as of yet.

6. eniveparg

eniveparg Member

Im using Memorex dvd-r 8x. Ive been able to burn 3 disks and wasted about 14 of them. A good chunk was because I wasntusing the right programs and such.

7. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip
    They may not even play through his player if it only accepts ROM and -R. It was just a thought before he started getting specific. A lot of the new players will play a pizza as one of our members likes to say but some older ones and a few of the new ones are limited in the media they will read.

8. eniveparg

eniveparg Member

Ill check to see if my player will accept rw.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Just a thought, are you burning at 8X? If so, try slowing the speed down to at most 4X. Sometimes the faster burning speeds cause a problem.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004
  10. flip218

Yea ... eviveparg, you really should check your stand alone player. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers