1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC FIlm - NTSC or PAL

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by danza108, Dec 29, 2004.

1. danza108

danza108 Member

Is there a way of converting DivX NTSC film (23.976) to NTSC or PAL? in AVI state, without having to extract audio or convert to MPEG. Because i have a number of files which i can't encode properly from NTSC Film to MPEG (any format, vcd or dvd), there remains sync problems. (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/140490) - further details on my problem.

So i was wondering if i can convert the file firstly to PAL or NTSC, and then be able to encode to MPEG II. Is this possible?

Thanks in advanced for any help

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

why not use 3:2 pulldown tag, it will duplicate the frame during playback. and you'll save space instead of encoding those frames.
    tmpgenc will do this
    and dopulldown

of course converting to PAL means you need to speed it up to 25fps, together with the audio.

3. danza108

danza108 Member

What do you mean by pulldown, sorry i am new to all of this. I want to encode it so i can play it on my DVD player, but i cant seem to encode in sync

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

to put it simply it will play the video at 29.97fps

if you use tmpgenc to convert to mpg, in settings, under encode mode. choose 3:2 pulldown during playback.

what it would do is tell the dvd player to duplicate frames so it would play at 29.97fps. instead of you duplicating it yourself, saving bits.