1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ntsc video tape capture to pal through firewire problems

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by riverdean, Dec 7, 2007.

1. riverdean

riverdean Member

im in new zealand and have a pal camcorder trv340e ive been capturing pal vhs tapes to dv through firewire passthrough and had no problems today i got some ntsc tapes and wanted to convert them to dvd i have a latest tv and vcr so the picture played back fine on the tv but no picture appears on the lcd screen of my camcorder so iam not able to capture any video,i understand the problem is my camcorder is pal,i have an option on my camcorder menu to change the the ntsc pb from on pal tv to ntsc 4.43,but changing it makes no difference,any help appreciated please

2. riverdean

riverdean Member

thanx for the help guys lol

3. varnull

varnull Guest

At least give people a chance to think about your problem and respond with a sensible answer.

All I know about capturing NTSC is there are 2 kinds of it.. normal and 4.43 and it gives us all sorts of trouble. Usually a normal ntsc signal input into a device expecting 4.43 will give black and white picture, but not always.. it depends very much on the devices involved.

we have spent literally hundreds of pounds trying to get a viable solution for commercial conversion of ntsc vhs to pal dvd, and the cheapest way seems to be to buy an ntsc dvd recorder and all 5 of those macrovision stripper boxes, then to rip the resulting ntsc dvd on a pc.

4. riverdean

riverdean Member

id rather buy another camcorder isnt this possible one with ntsc and pal output,i cant believe im goingv to have to pay all this money for what seems like a simple thing but isnt

5. riverdean

riverdean Member

i managed to get audio now but video no go this sux so much

6. riverdean

riverdean Member

is there a better forum then this elsewhere with more people to help u,this forum is dead