1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dk92, Aug 18, 2007.

1. keryal

keryal Member

More questions, I've also ordered a computer with the 6150 SE Video Card, and I'm looking to get a game for the computer. I'm not sure if it's going to work though (it probably won't, especially considering my luck). The game requires a Nvidia Geforce 7600 Video card. I'm assuming that the required video card is a generation ahead of the one I'll have and I won't be able to play the game. Any thoughts about if it will or won't work? I'm 90% sure that it won't, but I'd like to check and be sure.

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

If the Minimum is a 7600 it wont work. To be honest though not even Crysis has a minimum requirement of a 7600GT.

Better to get a new PSU and Video card.

3. keryal

keryal Member

Alright, that's what I figured. The requirements for the game are pretty high, higher than they should be in my opinion. But thanks for the help. But, seeing as I don't do much gaming on the computer I don't see the point in investing in a new card, although I'm sure it would be nicer to have a better version. Thanks again. :)

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

No problem. BTW what game are you planning to run?

5. keryal

keryal Member

I was hoping for Guitar Hero, I don't have any other platform that the game will run on.

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Which one? I can almost guarantee Guitar Hero will run just fine on your PC. So what if you have to turn the settings down? Certainly graphics wont matter with GUITAR Hero now will it? lol

7. keryal

keryal Member

The third. Lol, that can be agreed. I'm not really worried about the graphics, just being able to play the game is all I'm looking for. You think it'll work with an HP Pavillion?

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the model# of the pavillion?

9. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Their min specs is total bullshit, especially when Crysis requires less. Try downloading a demo or something to make sure it works.

10. keryal

keryal Member

The model number is a6200n. The req for the game? I would think so, those are high req. I don't think there are any demos available, but I'll look in to it. I've already tried and failed once with the game... Thanks again for the advice.

11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The minimum specs for GH3 for reasons unknown to me are very high (if it runs on a PS2 it can't be that demanding - and it runs fine too, that's the version I have). A 7600 is listed as the minimum card. I'm willing to bet you could get the job done on a 8400GS, but a 6150? I'm very very doubtful.

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

13. keryal

keryal Member

So you're betting it's not going to work?

I'll probably just wait for a demo to come out and try that before spending money...

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I tried the game on my PC, and it doesn't run well. I can't run it at max, I have to turn the res down a lot. If that's the case, you can forget about running it on your PC. it's a crap version of the game too, get the console one, it's far better coded.

15. keryal

keryal Member

Alright thanks for the tips.

16. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I mean there's no harm in trying, but if I were you, I'd get the PS2 version off ebay for cheap if you want to play Guitar Hero - that way you can get the older games too for some more tracks.

17. keryal

keryal Member

I'd love to do that, but I haven't got a ps2, so that's out of the option. Otherwise I would, I have played all of the games on ps many times before and enjoyed it a lot.

18. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol can I be cheeky then and say get the PS2 off ebay too? They can't be expensive these days... especially if you get the old version not the slim.

19. keryal

keryal Member

Haha, I'd love too. But there's problems there too, which wouldn't make sense even if I explained.

20. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

They probably would but fair enough.
    All is not entirely lost though about playing Guitar Hero on the PC, there's an open-source program out there called Frets on Fire which is a cut-down version of the same thing. It only initially comes with 3 sample tracks but you can download thousands more over the internet. of course, it won't come with guitar controllers, but it's designed to work using your keyboard. Additionally if you just buy a controller on its own with a USB cable, you can plug that in, and FoF should work with it.