1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia Geforce 7800 GTX help!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by der6495, Feb 27, 2007.

1. der6495

der6495 Member

Hey guys, I recently purchased a nVidia Geforce 7800 GTX 256MB PCI Express grahics card, and I have been having problems with it. I tried to install the drivers, and when I did, the screen went black. So then I turned to some FAQ and found that if I run Driver Cleaner and try to re-install the nVidia drivers again, it should work. Well, this time it came up, Drivers successfully installed, restart computer now. So I did, and right after the Windows XP loading screen came up, the screen went black again. The card works fine in Safe Mode, that's what I'm in right now. I am using the ForceWare 93.71 drivers off of nVidia's site. My power supply is the one on this eBay page, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...EWN:IT&viewitem=&item=280084081383&rd=1&rd=1]

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Try some older driver versions or the Omega drivers. I think that power supply should be more than enough.

3. der6495

der6495 Member

Tried both, no success. I guess it'll go back up on eBay for somebody else.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

did you have on board graphics before, and/or need to change any setting in the BIOS so it is using the correct graphics card?

I have an Nvidia GeForce 7600GT and after installing the drivers it has worked just fine, but i did not have any previous card or on board graphics as i built the system from the mobo up.

5. der6495

der6495 Member

I'll check the bios to see if there is any setting for the card. I did have a nVidia Geforce 7300 GS installed previous to this one.

6. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Even when installing the same type of card it's always smart to uninstall ALL traces of drivers before reinstalling.