1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 driver for XP?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by hogcia, Jun 5, 2007.

1. enter8

enter8 Member

Thanks to everyone involved. This thread is hugely helpful to me as well.

You guys get a very big thumbs up!

Compaq, on the other hand... gets a huge thumbs down. I spent about a half an hour in online chat with a cheerful technician that gave me what were suppose to be the correct xp drivers for this laptop, only to end up being the incorrect ones.

They have a lot of gall selling a machine doesn't have the necessary speed/memory to effectively run Vista and then not have the correct drivers available for those wishing to downgrade to XP.

2. enter8

enter8 Member

Question regarding the 6150 graphics driver...

1280 x 800 is the only resolution setting that corresponds with the widescreen ratio of this laptop? Maybe I'm getting along in years, but at that resolution, my icons/start menu are looking really small. Is there any other way to get more resolution options?

960 x 600 would be ideal, imo.

Edit: Like the other poster, I'm having problems with the wan. It tries to renew the ip address, takes about 3 minutes and then fails. "Limited or no connectivity." I even tried it next to the modem. The WEP is fine- it accepts it, but it can't pick up an ip address. I'm definitely not a WiFi expert, so it might be something I'm doing wrong. Has anyone gotten their laptop up and running on a wireless network?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  3. taboc

taboc Member

what I did was since there was no SATA drier in my XP, I installed vista first then I partitioned it. Then I inserted my XP setup disc and, voila, I was able to install it.

4. andrew002

andrew002 Member

I don't blame you - it is pretty hard for me to see and I'm a college kid! Assuming that you have installed the driver that vander1 posted on Aug 21, this is what you should try:

Right click on your desktop, click properties

In the "Displays Properties" dialog box, click the "Settings" tab, click advanced

Click the "GeForce Go 6100" tab, then if the pop out menu is not already expanded on the left side(See picture below), click the green arrow.

Now click the + next to "GeForce Go 6100" in the menu on the left - then click Screen Resolutions and Refresh Rates(Refer to picture below)

Back on the main tab at the bottom you should see "Custom resolutions and refresh rates", click add and type in the resoultion you want. I tried the 960x600 and it worked for me.

[​IMG]

5. enter8

enter8 Member

Andrew002, thank you for the detailed directions.

When I click on the 'Add' custom resolutions, I get a warning message telling me that this could damage my machine. Could a lower resolution do damage to my monitor?

6. andrew002

andrew002 Member

I believe the only danger would be from using a resolution that the monitor couldn't display, and getting stuck in that resolution (in which case the monitor wouldn't show anything). That problem can be corrected by entering safe mode and setting the resolution back to normal. Since I'm not an expert on the subject, though, I'm not prepared to say whether it could damage the monitor.

7. enter8

enter8 Member

Hmmmm... I might post this question as a new thread. I'd hate to damage the monitor by choosing a 'wrong' resolution. I know the wrong refresh rate can damage an lcd, but I'm not sure about resolutions.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

resolutions won't as it will either change or not change.

9. taboc

taboc Member

Any particular order in installing these drivers? thanks.

10. j3zz

j3zz Member

Hello, I bought about week ago Compaq Presario F560EM, of course i hate new Vista system so first step was installing XP. I had same problems as ppls here anyway after carefully reading posts in this thread i solve almost all problems with hardware exept this :

[​IMG]

so U know question :) ... what are missing hardware components and how to solve this problem ...

For any help - thx in advance

sorry for my bad English

cheers

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  11. drumsmokr

drumsmokr Member

12. dohkito

dohkito Member

hola como a todos tenia el mismo problema
    pero me da gusto informarles que encontraa una solucion muy sencilla
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=2 es un driver universal para las nvidia solo bajense la que dice support for every gforce
    me avisan que paso

13. j3zz

j3zz Member

14. dohkito

dohkito Member

15. j3zz

j3zz Member

still same (blue screen), I'll give up :(

16. jrvsnike

jrvsnike Member

17. maxkool

maxkool Member

Mad props to you, friend!

To everyone looking for drivers for the F572US (since this thread comes up among the first search results on Google), I have myself just installed the drivers mentioned by this guy, and they work very well. Especially the graphics driver, which I'd had difficulty finding. You CAN install generic nvidia drivers for the 6100, but they won't work as well and they will let you select unsupported resolutions which might damage your laptop's display. So just use the display driver recommended by usflorida.

18. j3zz

j3zz Member

use ForceWare 93.81, 95.97, 93.82 I tested and works for me ;)

U can find it at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/drivers

19. dvdfun123

dvdfun123 Member

I have a Compar presario F557US Laptop. It is preloaded with Window VISTA. I got rid of Window Vista and reloaded the Window XP. Follow the instruction recommended by usflorida, I installed sp33031.exe for the chipset. But my Ethernet LAN connection still doesn't work. I think the NIC driver is not properly installed. Does anyone has an idea how to make NIC work? Thanks!

20. dobbsy

dobbsy Guest

thanks every body it helpt me so much i have the compaq f500au it come with vista and its gay it put xp home and i cound get the video driver(6100) force feed it the 6105 and all grate thank so much agen