1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 driver for XP?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by hogcia, Jun 5, 2007.

1. mdr1506

mdr1506 Member

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

3. mdr1506

mdr1506 Member

But I solved my problem. I was looking for list of drivers to install to my downgraded from Vista to XP Presario F730US and I found it here. Although some links need to be corrected ( theres some unnessesary <br> tags ) . Thanks anyway.

4. agroom

agroom Member

I've got the F730 also and am still having issues finding the Audio, Coprocessor and "Unknown Device".

5. mdr1506

mdr1506 Member

6. ohoj

ohoj Member

Hello everyone
    I downgraded yesterday my CPQ Presario F715EO from Vista to XP Pro. I got alot of problems with my notebook but manage to fix them thanks to you guys, But I still cant get the audio to work. I have the 3D SoundBlaster Pro but my notebook cant recognise the soundcard. I've tried the Microsoft UAA driver but still no luck. Does anyone know a solution?

7. tep0583

tep0583 Member

You guys ROCK!!!!!

I was just given a F572US by the boss that the sales guy didn't want because it only supports 2GB of RAM.

After following the instructions here, I now have a new work laptop running WinXP Pro that is pretty stinkin' fast and has a DVD burner! It makes my old Compaq 2529CL look like an old dog.

I'm sure I could have found the drivers for this on my own, as I'm no stranger to that sort of stuff, but I wouldn't have had it up and running anywhere near as fast as I did. It took less than two hours from the time I found this post to get this machine fully operational. That's awesome!

Of course, it also frees me up to help a co-worker battle some malware, so I'm not so sure that's completely a good thing... ;)

Thanks for the information. I had to register just to give you guys props.

8. spuddy59

spuddy59 Member

Hello,

I'm still having a problem with the audio drivers on my F572US. I installed the Microsoft UAA Audio Bus driver before the Conexant audio driver, but it still says that no media was found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chase

9. ohoj

ohoj Member

Do you have XP SP2? Cus that was the problem for me, I did everything everybody said and still the sound didn't work, then I updated to SP2 and after that installed the UAA driver and then Conexant. Now everything works perfectly.

10. tep0583

tep0583 Member

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did, too. Installed XP Pro sp2, installed the MS UAA, installed the Conexant drivers and everything worked perfectly.

Are you on sp2? Is this a clean install or have you tried other audio drivers?

11. spuddy59

spuddy59 Member

Well, I'm actually on SP3 RC, but it's a clean install. I'm about to reformat again with SP2 to see if that fixes my problem. I've tried all the drivers that have been suggested here, but thats it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  12. spuddy59

spuddy59 Member

Did you install the chipset drivers, cause that's where the ethernet driver is.

Edit: I did a reformat and got it to work with SP2. Thanks for all your help Ohoj and Tep, I appreciate it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  13. tep0583

tep0583 Member

No problem. Glad to hear it worked.

He's right about the chipset drivers. After the proper Nvidia chipset drives are installed, one of the things that should show up immediately is the Ethernet controller.

14. ohoj

ohoj Member

No problem, glad to hear it worked out.

15. weebloo

weebloo Member

Hey guys, great thread.. Found it very helpful.
    I am having trouble accessing the ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34796.exe download for the quick launch keys.
    It won't load in firefox or work in my download manager.

Could anyone help me out with a new link please?
    Much appreciated.

16. tep0583

tep0583 Member

Try these:

There is also a critical security update:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  17. weebloo

weebloo Member

Cheers mate..
    They never worked outright, but they identified the device and then I could update it with windows update.

Thanks again for the help dude ;)

18. knguyen94

knguyen94 Member

Ok for anyone asking about the coprocessor, the driver is located in your C:\Nvidia\nForceWinXp\11.09(or different version)\MCP51\SMBus\nvsmbus.inf

Just do a manual search and force the install on it. I used Everest Ultimate 4.20 to figure out the Unknown Device name. Refer to the picture for more information. For those still getting the unknown device,go to http://hpipoh.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=25 and download the AMD Driver update and a few other drivers and see if it will go away. I forgot what i did exactly but i was able to get rid of it.
    [​IMG] edited by ddp

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  19. knguyen94

knguyen94 Member

Ok I take it backk. The unknown device for F730US is HP Quick Launch button. Link to download is here ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp38001-38500/sp38166.exe
    [​IMG]

20. herosaku

herosaku Member

please help...I have removed vista from my laptop (presio f557wm) and put xp media center on it. With what has been posted already I have been able to get everything going (I think). I thought my laptop had the geforce 6150 and kept trying to install the 6150 driver but right now everything is working with the 6100 driver. Can anyone verify what graphics card I have?

Also, I assume that the last "unknown" device is quick launch???

[​IMG]

the driver LINK : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34796.exe from earlier in the thread no longer works. Can anyone help?

thanks

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008