1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OBLIVION PURPLE GRASS PROBLEM!

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by AFFX, Aug 7, 2007.

1. AFFX

AFFX Member

Ever since i first installed oblivion the grass is purple. The first dungeon part is fine there's no problems at all, but when i exited the sewers the ground is a purple, repeating texture, with a map of cyrodill on it. I have no idea whats wrong, anyone?

2. oltk

oltk Member

I have the exact problem.

Here's some screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the list of mods I have installed:
    Qarl's Texture Pack + UOP fix
    Unofficial Oblivion Patch
    Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch
    Francesco's
    Silgrad Tower
    All official plugins
    Oblivion WarCry
    Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
    Mart's Monster Mod
    Natural Environments
    Color Map + Color map icons

3. Darkmoon_

Darkmoon_ Member

I too have this problem. I am running a GeForce 8800 GTS with the latest drivers, latest patched Oblivion with no mods. I also reset all the graphics settings to default and tried highest and lowest settings. The purple grass persists :-( Other sites make reference to this... but does anybody know what actually causes it? Any help appreciated.

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

If you haven't already I would insist that you contact the Oblivion support team. Because if others have reported this issue hopefully they have a fix for it and can help you. And if no one else has contacted them about this issue then at best you have made them aware of the issue and they will be able to implement a fix based off of your situation.

5. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

i don't see what your problem is that is the most awesome glitch that i have ever seen

6. bio99

bio99 Member

-

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  7. vascecto1

vascecto1 Member

I have exactly the same issue with the purple grasss/terrain. Inside cities and dungeons the graphics are fine, but outside the purpleness persists. And it is NOT an awesome glitch. Does anyone have any clue as to how to fix this? I am using a 6800 gs videocard.

8. vascecto1

vascecto1 Member

I believe I have fixed this problem(at least for me). I uninstalled Oblivion and ran ccleaner to git rid of some registry entries(not sure if you need to) . I then reinstalled and used the OBLIVION UK/EUROPEAN/AUSTRALIAN PATCH v1.2.0416 instead of the US version. Now works perfectly and that's the only thing I did differently.

9. LtNublet

LtNublet Member

I've discovered the cause of the purple textures!!! The Distant Land setting reloads certain textures, but on some computers with certain configurations (mostly computers using nVidia GeForce card) there is an error reloading it and the texture doesn't load properly. This causes the map to load in place of it. Just disable Distant Land on your game and it works perfectly.

Also, I know that it happens on GeForce cards because I used to have an ATI card and Oblivion worked fine. I just bought an nVidia card and suddenly this happened. My friend, who also got an nVidia card, got the same thing too.