1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd beep codes

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Xplorer4, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Just got a new cpu(i7 2500K) and mobo(msi P67A-G45) got it all hooked up,power up for the first time and got odd beep codes. I say odd because it doesnt fit with any of the beep codes i found. The pattern is 1 short, 2 short, 1 short(but the tone is diffrent) and then it does 5 or 6 real quick beeps. I tried pulling bot ram sticks, but then the system powers up, then shuts down a few seconds latter. Then it starts in up and shuts down as if there was a short but as long a ram stick is installed, it gives the beeps.Tried removing a singlenram stick. Same beeps. Tried the samenthing with diffrent ram, same beeps. Tried removing the video card, same beeps. Am I interpreting the beep codes wrong? Any suggestions on what to try?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try clearing the cmos. is the cpu heatsink properly seated?

3. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

Will try clearing. Mos. Meant to do it last night and forgot. http://db.tt/L9VFRoBV
    Hopecully this dropbox link works. It might be a bit quist bu try I can hear all the beeps. At the tike of recording one ram stick and the cpu was installed. Nothing more. The ram stick is a 4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1333 if memorey serves me right and the other set of sticks are 2GB G.Skill ripjaws