1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd playback of Rebuilder files while being played on PC?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by MovieDud, Oct 26, 2005.

1. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

This is kind of strange, but as a Dvd Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic user I have noticed that the burned copies of my movies look at play flawlessly on my Sony's, yet when I play them in the Denon 2200 it will stop and literally shut-off the Denon within 20 minutes or less after the movie has started, what is strange is that once in a while it will not do it and I noticed that the finished video files on the PC will not play properly. You see the image but as the movie plays it will pause throughout the movie (Only on PC and only with Rebuilders finished files. Could someone provide some reason as to whay this happens. I have all the lastest versions...programs and burners.

Typically I run a movie through shrink or recode 2 and remove all material not used and save to HD, then process those files through Rebuilder Pro/CCE Basic, then burn ISO image with Decrypter/ImgBurn or with Nero using video file folder. I use great media (Ty's, Verbs, Sony's and FuJi's from Japan) and burn at 4x. The + media is always booktyped. The Burners involved will be Nec 3540a, Sony DRX 800ul external (hooked up with firewire) and a Samsung in a second system (all DL capable burners).

Hope this helps.

MovieDud

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I'd recommend trying one of the problem backups again with no pre-processing to see if the playback problem still happens.

3. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@vurbal, I do not what to seem stupid but are you talking about on the pc or the standalone? or are you talking about the video files after shrink, but before Rebuilder?
    Thanks for your help!
    MovieDud

4. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@vurbal, hello friend, you know I did try making a back-up of a problem disk (one of which would stop after a few minutes in the Denon) and the back-up did exactly the same thing...same spot! What do you think would create that...and that it doesn't happen in any other player? I went to Dvd-Rb and posted a question concerning this and I haven't had a reply as of yet, but hopefully with you and others I can figure this out. Thanks again and have a good evening.
    MovieDud

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, what I meant was to make a backup without running it through any program besides DVD Decrypter before DVD-RB. That will tell you if Shrink and Recode are causing the problem.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

MovieDud

If your Sony will play it and your Denon won't then you are looking at a compatibility issue. I find Sony's finicky with backups to begin with, although I use DVD+R discs which they're supposed to support. What is your Denon rated for DVD-R? I know that most machines do both +R and -R quite well even if they're not rated for it but it also depends on the quality of the media that you're using. My advice is to try another brand of media that's rated the same as your Denon uses and see how that works.

7. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@Sophocles, thank you my friend for the response. This is kind of strange but since I updated with the latest Rebuilder Pro release there has been no issue whatsoever. The last 10 backups through Rebuilder has played flawlessly on the Denon (using Ty's, Verb's, SOny's and FuJi's (Sony's and FuJi's both made in Japan and code as Taiyo Yuden's. Again thank you for the reply and your time, as well with the other members at AD who have been very helpful...I hope I can help anyone as well. Have a good evening and weekend.
    MovieDud

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

MovieDud,

Although some will disagree, in my experiences when useing dvd shrink to rip and edit even set at no compression the files will still be altered (processed) leaving some scenes with the backgound jumpy or blurry. I have switched exclusively to useing dvd decrypter to rip and dvdremake to edit and have not noticed these problems in the least since. Some probably just assume those problems are normal with high compression applications (even when useing rb/cce) but would find that it was due to the sorce folder (the one ripped and edited with shrink) if they would further investigate the problem as I have done. I have encoded complete dvd9's with rb/cce and not experienced the problems I had encoding much smaller folders that were ripped and edited with shrink. I'm only trying to help you achieve near perfect backups as per my experiences.

Mort

9. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@Mort81, thank you friend, I'm a perfectionist like you and quality is of extreme importance. I will apply your process and see how that works. Thanks and have a good day.
    MovieDud

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

MovieDud,

You're more than welcome. You're right about me being a perfectionist and very picky about my backups. I won't allow any imperfections what so ever. Here's the link to dvdremake incase you don't have it. http://www.dimadsoft.com/products.php There trial for dvdremake pro is fully fnctional but I don't think the trial for the reg. vs of dvdremake will let you export the edited files. Good luck.

11. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

Thank you my friend and yes I do have the Pro version and I have used it, especially removing certain scenes of movies that I feel slow it down or add no value whatsoever. I also followed your technique in my lastest back-up...Decrypter...Remake Pro and then Rebuilder Pro v1.03 (latest) and burn with Nero and it looks awesome and played perfectly. Thanks again and you have a good evening. I just purchased Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and that was the movie I used and you truly could not tell between the copy and original.
    MovieDud