1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd problem with Feurio burning 74m+ discs...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Birdman33, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Birdman33

Birdman33 Member

Hi, and thanks for reading a newbie's post...

I've been burning live concerts for years with Feurio, with no issues at all. Recently, I upgraded my burner to an LG 4040B DVD burner, and now I have an odd problem...

When I burn a CD that is over 74 minutes (onto a 80 min CDR, no overburning issues), the CD can not be played in one of my CD players. Works like a charm in a PC, or in a couple other players I have, but for some reason, in this one player, it won't even read a disc, it just spits it out.

This player plays every previously burnt CDR I have made, 74 min+ included. And it plays all new 74min and less discs fine...

I know it's a long shot, but any idea where I can start to look? The drive isn't supported by Feurio, so I use the generic driver, which as I say, seems to work with everything else.

Wow, now that I write it down, it's wierd as hell ;-) Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated!

cheers,
    Brian

2. piano632

piano632 Regular member

I think you have probably answered your own question. It is most likely the generic driver that is causing the problem. Feurio should have more than one generic driver available. I would suggest trying a different one to see if that changes anything. Feurio considers all audio discs over 74 min. to be "sub-standard", so the combination of a 74+ min. disc and a generic driver is likely to cause problems. It's always best to stick with a supported drive. Feurio doesn't support my Pioneer A105 DVD/CD burner either, so I just use another drive.

3. minix

minix Member

Birdman, you have to try another burning program that supports your LG drive (like probably Nero) to know if it's a problem with the generic driver (try other drivers) or a problem with the burning quality of your drive (combo drives are probably not as precise as typical LG burners).

@piano632, I guess you already know it, but your Pioneer drive is supported with the beta version:
    http://www.feurio.com/Beta.shtml
    I think that the A05 driver includes support for the 105 model.
    I guess that the problem is that you aren't registered (in order to try the beta versions).