1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee backup problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by wpjssp, Aug 3, 2006.

1. wpjssp

wpjssp Member

I recently purchased a used copy of Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee. I have been trying to backup a working copy to no avail. I used flashfxp to get the files on the computer. I tried using Craxtion and quix multiple times burning on DVD Decripter at multiple speeds on media that my xbox works with. Each time I burn the game it will play fine until I try to pause the game to save at which point it will freeze. It has happened the same way each differant method i try. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for any tips.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Try using clonexb to make your xiso instead of the glitch creating craxtion.. I don't know why qwix is doing it as well. Are you using xbox mode with decrypter because theres no need at all. Try putting the game on the xbox hdd and see if the problem persists.
    If that works fine try a burn not above 4x with nero and everything should be fine. It's possible there is some damage on the original disk just at the point where the save state data is. Does it also freeze on the original disk?

3. spOrin

spOrin Guest

if so recomend you getting it professionally buffed at your local gamestore example: gamecrazy X

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Buffed?..Munch's Oddysee?. It only costs 1.99 here and 2.50 to get buffed. If the original is faulty just trade it and buy another.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  5. spOrin

spOrin Guest

true o oo ooo u could use that old beat up one as a coaster btw we r talking about the old one not the new one the one that came out when the xbox launched right????

6. wpjssp

wpjssp Member

I tried using clonexb to create the xiso. Then i tried burning it at 1x with DVDDecrypter and the roxio software that came with my burner. Neither worked and I dont have nero to try. Also the original disk does not freeze when I press start. I didnt ever swap the harddrive out and i havent looked into putting games on it so maybe i will look into that. I dont know what xbox mode on decrypter is and i burned it the same way i have done every movie and game so far. Thanks for the tips but if you think of anything else please let me know.

7. spOrin

spOrin Guest

maybe its your media that ur using the best media i have found is Verbatim +R Book-type DVD-ROM using Nero when i use to do it i use FileZilla or you can give the newest version of craxion a try i heard it has a built in FTp now and preaty much dus it for you

8. wpjssp

wpjssp Member

i finally got it to work. I cleaned the original then I used the new craxtion and burned it at 4x. I used the same media as before because this is the first time that they didnt work. Thanks for your help.

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I had a feeling it was some kind of read error of the original disk..
    PS heres a little fact about + media..regardless of how it's booktyped 90% of xbox drives will NOT see the disks at all. It's in the firmware. Whereas they will read 90% of dvd-r disks pretty well regardless of brand. I use the samsung 605b's in all mine and NONE of them do dvd+
    Most of the broken lasers we see on the hitachi drives have been caused by + disks, even though the drive specs say they do +