1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM Nero 6.6.1.4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mccoady, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mccoady

mccoady Member

I have a OEM 6.6.1.4 version of Nero and when I click on check for updates it says there isn't any, isn't there a newer version of 6 I can upgrade to? Can I upgrade from version 6 to version 7?

If I decided to upgrade to or buy version 7 am I allowed to put it on both my desktop and laptop?

Something that has always bugged me about Nero is when you select to "Normalize all audio files" and or select "No pause between tracks" that it doesn't remember yout last setting or make your setting the default until you change it. Has any of the newer versions of Nero changed how this works?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

6.6.1.4 was the very last Nero 6 update back in January 2006. No more updates for Nero 6.

Yes you can upgrade to Nero 7 but you will have to buy it. You will probably get a discount but you need to enter your current Nero serial number:
    http://www.nero.com//enu/Upgrade_InfoPage.php

You can put it on both your computers.

I don't know if changed the audio default settings or not. Try the trial and see. What Nero application were you using?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

4. mccoady

mccoady Member

Well that's the thing I only used Nero StartSmart (Nero Express) so maybe from a feature standpoint maybe I don't need anything better than Nero 6, what do you think? Anything new in Nero 7 for how I'm using Nero 6?

I do have a new laptop so I know I would have to upgrade for it.

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you're happy using Nero 6 and it does what you want it to do, then why upgrade to Nero 7.

One of our addicts, binkie 7 still uses 6.6.0.18 as does IHoe..another well known addict.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I'm with Gwendolin! I'm using Nero6.6.0.18 and will be, until it just won't go any more. I also believe Creaky still uses 6.6 it too.

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

As do I (still use 6.6.0.18).

8. mccoady

mccoady Member

Okay I went back to version 6.6.0.1.8 but since I don't use it with Shrink what were the other bugs because I never noticed having any problems with 6.6.1.4?

Also can someone explain something else to me. When I buy an album through iTunes and want to burn it using Nero it won't let me so I'm assuming this is iTunes DRM at work. As a work around I burn it to disc using iTunes (using CD-RW disc) and rip it back to my harddrive using Windows Media Player, I rip these as Wav files. Now this leaves me with my album to do as I wish using Nero to make compilations, etc. Now a couple of questions:

1. Is there an easier way to get to do what I'm doing above, to end up with an iTunes album (outside of the iTunes Music Folder) on my harddrive and use Nero to burn with?

2. How come when I burn a iTunes album and then rip it back to my hardrive (as above) it looses it album and song titles?