1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM samsung USB data cable install help

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by theyseeAL, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

What phone are you using?

2. dtsdts

dtsdts Member

sorry, i'm using a samsung sch-a850, from u.s. cellular as the carrier. after attempting trial version of datapilot, and mobile action's handset manager, it isn't detecting my phone, or filesystem, at all. was previously able to access filesystem, so it is possible. my other question about converting data image files to jpg file, or getting bitpim to read jpg files as jpg files, according to another thread has to do with a header being placed in the jpg files on the phone...

"other cdma"
    COM4

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

3. dtsdts

dtsdts Member

is anyone else using U.S. Cellular on this thread? does it matter who the carrier is?

4. kigiweb

kigiweb Member

hi.i need a USB Driver for Samsung Sch-b300 from Korea.can you help me?
    i tried but no result.
    thanks

5. BarbaraA

BarbaraA Member

I am confused as to what exactly I have to do to get photos uploaded from my Samsung A 850 phone to my computer. I don't care about uploading ringtones, wallpaper or address entires. I understand I need a USB cable but don't know exactly what drivers I need or where to get them. I don't want to have to purchase an expensive Home Kit from Verizon. What is the final verdict on what driver's will work?

Barbara

6. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

sorry about the delayed response, but if you use my tutorial, on BitPim and Ringers/Wallpapers, u can use that to pull the images off the phone and put them onto your computer, u don't have to mess w/ writing anything to the phone :) just a way to get your photos off your phone for cheap.

links to everything needed is provided on my tut.

7. vernb2

vernb2 Member

I tried the Datasuite...that didnt work sent that back and ordered the exact cable listed on this site PCB113VBEB/STD Download the BitPm and nada...when i click on send phone data everything is gray and I cannot check off anything....this is the second cable I have ordered and I still cannot get this stuff to work.

8. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

are you trying to 'recognize' the phone using BitPM, or just using the view filesystem?

9. vernb2

vernb2 Member

I manually did the settings...like the instructions said...selected other cmda device and picked the port the phone was on. then when i find the sound and go to send it to the phone everything is gray...if I go back to settings and pick anything other than "other cmda phone" then click on the send phone data the stuff isnt gray anymore but of course it isnt the right phone so it won't send it.

10. vernb2

vernb2 Member

If i use the "file system" then stuff shows up...I go to where my ringers are...try to add one...says it cant connect...I look my phone has shut off and the only way I can get it to turn back on is to take out the battery....

11. BarbaraA

BarbaraA Member

Smurff, where can I locate your tutorial for the SCH A850 phone? Many of the links are dead.

12. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

13. jagho

jagho Member

I have a Samsung SGH-E760 mobile phone and an usb cable to it but I just can't get it to work. What drivers should I download or what I have to do to get it work?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007